Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Durametric, PST2, PIWIS type code/fault reader (£15-£30)

I've got dodgy version 3 (fully working) on CD if anybody needs it.

It doesn't do enough but for basic data logging its fine. I've got genuine Porsche Durametric on loan, and it seems better in comparison. I'll remove my version and install this genuine one today. I can finish my Stage 1 tuning with the real one 😉

kas750 said:
I would like that please. :D

Just double checking - I've definitely got two CDs with version 3 point something. I'll send both discs, should both have install software. I can't check here, neither laptop has CD drive :roll:

I hope I caught the post. Was indoors all day going through software.

I've installed Durametric (legit) and it hasn't got the same features as my friend had on his laptop the other day. Maybe he got special version by mistake. What I just tested wont show knock correction like when I tested it at his house.

I'll have to copy the folders from his laptop and buy the cable from him! Its enthusiast but hasn't locked to a car - got knows what he downloaded I'm keeping this. Said previous vin = 0

Nothing there. And I just plugged into mine. Maybe he paid for upgrade to Professional, god knows.

Sorry for the slight deviation Nic.

But..........................

If I was to be interested in th whole remap thing for my Cayman S:-

What do you need from me?

What does the remap entail at your end?

More importantly, how do I load the map etc. at my end?

Sorry for the basic Q's.

I would need to know what year your Cayman S is please?

To tune the Cayman with same ECU as me I can do cheap (Bosch ME7.8), but the newer type DFI with Siemens SDI3/SDI4 isn't on my list atm.

I've got these on my programming tool..

Porsche Cayman 0 2.7L Bosch ME7.8.4
Porsche Cayman 0 3.4L Bosch ME7.8.4

I have full DAMOS for these engine and will create (as I do with every other engine) Stage 1 software from scratch. I'd just need to know if it had any modifications. Things like de-cat I can remove the error light. OOOH! I haven't got Cayman I've got Boxster but same ECU and engine.

Regarding price drop me a pm. I can do you a good deal. There is no 'true' OBD solution to my knowledge, apart from CMD remapping tool which is around £5000 for basic version. Most programming tools read off 64kb software which is fine for older cars - but Porsche moved some maps around in newer cars, and you have to read full 1024kb to do the job properly.

So... I'd need the vehicle here - or I'd come to you. The ECU must be removed (after initial data logging) and software read. After I have located all needed maps I'll make the first 'test' file for us to go out and demonstrate, with data logging. The ECU remove/programming will happen 5-10 times until I am 100% happy with the power increase.

The thing with engine tuning - if you can't feel the difference, it hasn't been done. Its very easy for me to tweak calibration and make your car look good on a Rolling Road. I would rather the driver give me real world feedback (as Paul MC did with his 911 on here).

If you want a better explanation I posted this today

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152272301116875.1073741843.669721874&type=1&l=18ace2ac12

How to update

Seemed it has updated to the V14.000 verison right?

How can I update the old version to the new?

If you mean Porsche Durametric it is Version 6 when I downloaded their software last week.

If you mean AMT Cartech MPPS it is now version 18 - with a new update last week :)

Hi guys

I got a copy cable delivered from Singapore yesterday. I installed it on my netbook using v3.015 that came on the CD. On the first attempt it came up with unable to communicate with the car, but after re-plugging in the cable all was good and could access all the modules.

So I thought I'll give v 5.14 a go on another laptop I had as there's more functionality. I installed this and gave it ago, all what happened was it would load the software and recognise the car but couldn't talk to any modules. So I restarted the software and then it wouldn't recognise the car at all!

I've returned to the working netbook with v3.015 and that isn't recognising the car at all either. The blue light is coming on the cable and netbook knows its plugged it but the software says it cant communicate with the car. I've tried several shut downs, starting the car, turning the ignition off and on but nothing wants to work!

Think the upgraded software has done something terminal to my cable?

Thanks

Tim

timmio87 said:
Hi guys

I got a copy cable delivered from Singapore yesterday. I installed it on my netbook using v3.015 that came on the CD. On the first attempt it came up with unable to communicate with the car, but after re-plugging in the cable all was good and could access all the modules.

So I thought I'll give v 5.14 a go on another laptop I had as there's more functionality. I installed this and gave it ago, all what happened was it would load the software and recognise the car but couldn't talk to any modules. So I restarted the software and then it wouldn't recognise the car at all!

I've returned to the working netbook with v3.015 and that isn't recognising the car at all either. The blue light is coming on the cable and netbook knows its plugged it but the software says it cant communicate with the car. I've tried several shut downs, starting the car, turning the ignition off and on but nothing wants to work!

Think the upgraded software has done something terminal to my cable?

Thanks

Tim

The same thing happened to me Tim!

Pooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah well, at least its not something wrong with my car - phew!

I might just order another one now as it was working ok before I had the urge to fiddle with it :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back