Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why does 911uk require me to login so frequently?

mohitos

Is it just me?

Nope me too. Drives me a bit potty, and doesn't seem to matter if you ask it to remember your credentials.

It does it for me sometimes on the PC and if I go into internet options and clear history its seems ok for quite a while.

No problem on PC, iphone can do it occasionally but I keep the page open and it seems fine.

Had to log in to answer this!

It's since iOS8 update, so I'd say it's a mixture of update and web forum coding.

isysman said:

It's since iOS8 update, so I'd say it's a mixture of update and web forum coding.

It affects 7 too. If I was a betting man, I'd guess it's something to do with the way the Safari browser treats session variables...

I'll try it on Chrome on iPad to see if it happens there too.

rottenbend said:
isysman said:

It affects 7 too. If I was a betting man, I'd guess it's something to do with the way the Safari browser treats session variables...

I'll try it on Chrome on iPad to see if it happens there too.

If you have an iPhone/iPad the download Google Chrome and use that to access the site. No more constant logins as far as I can tell. :thumb:

Porsche News said:
The issue effects Apple based devises but not Window devices.

If you are using 'Private Browsing Mode' in Safari then you will have to log in every time.

:dont know: but I can log into Hotmail, LinkedIn, Facebook, Yammer, NYT, Economist and Ebay plus several more from my iPad. All using whatever settings Safari is using, but not this site?? Hmmmmmm :?:

From an iphone using ios8 does anyone have a view what the best way is to view the latest topics list ...... any forum apps etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back