Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Here is the latest..

Voodoocars

After a few weeks of owning and running the C I am reporting back. The car is very good. Quite engine (phew), and everything works.
The interior is clean and tidy but I noticed that the heater vents are poor quality and the rear ones have a few broken fins in them. The front ash tray wont open for some reason. Also the silver interior trim is thin and dented easily. My e39 BMW has better quality interior parts...

Anyway, after driving it for a few weeks it is all good on the performance and noise department but I have noticed ..
A-the 22" wheels are uncomfortable and noisier than originals which has been mentioned before. They do look good though..
B- there is a whining noise on overrun. It's not major but I can hear it. Hopefully that is the driveshaft bearing as that is really common as far as I can tell. I may take it up to opc Cambridge for a check.
Any comments welcome.

Ok. More updates if anyone is interested...
Done a few longer trips in it recently. Still pulls like a train. Engine is smooth and quiet. The overrun noise is still present and I'm still looking into that.
I noticed yesterday that the cruise control doesn't work- green light on dash comes on but won't set. I am suspecting a faulty pedal switch.
Fuel consumption is circa 17 mpg but yesterday I got 23.1 on a long run. Wow..

Voodoocars said:
Ok. More updates if anyone is interested...
Done a few longer trips in it recently. Still pulls like a train. Engine is smooth and quiet. The overrun noise is still present and I'm still looking into that.
I noticed yesterday that the cruise control doesn't work- green light on dash comes on but won't set. I am suspecting a faulty pedal switch.
Fuel consumption is circa 17 mpg but yesterday I got 23.1 on a long run. Wow..

22" rims do have a negative effect on the ride, 20" is the best option.

As for fuel economy, the OBC has a tendancy to be quite generous with the MPG calculations.

Warning, If you calculate an actual MPG, based on fuel used and mileage at the next fill up, be sitting down for the result.... :eek:

Yes the 22" s do have an effect on the ride. It's bone jarring..
Tyre noise is present also. I have a spare set of 19s in the garage that I may fit over the winter. But it does look the business with the big wheels on.
Mmm. Mpg. Shocking no matter how you look at it. Fortunately we don't do many miles and could probably not use the porker during the week if the wife went to work on her bike..
I'm a bit ocd about cars and I noticed that the centre heater vents front and rear were damaged. The rear is trashed where kids have been kicking it and the front had one fin loose at one end.
I managed to find a new vent for £40 which is a bit cheaper than what opc cambridge quoted me. I think it was around £150..
I'm still trying to locate the rear one.

I don't know if anyone reads these posts much as there doesn't seem to be much movement on this particular forum. Anyway, here is an update on my Cayenne ownership.
As stated in another post, I found the driver footwell wet. Blocked wheel arch drains and easily sorted.
The 22" wheels came off a few weeks back to put the 19" winters on. Much less harsh ride and I'm not sure yet but the car possibly looks better on original wheels..
The heater was only blowing cold on the passenger side. Glovebox out, quick bash with a hammer on the servo motor that controls temp. All good again.

Eventually found a rear heater vent! I actually got the whole part with ashtray and cup holders etc for £30. Bargain I think considering new they are well over £100 just for the vent.
Had a strange issue with door unlocking. Sometimes the key fob remote would not work, even though they had new batteries. The car has keyless entry and I went to the opc up the road at Cambridge for a chat with a tech. After pressing the small button on the door handle (?) all is ok again. Very odd set up.
The secondary cat on the passenger side rattles a bit when I tap it as the innards have come loose so I am on the hunt for bypass pipes (if they pass an mot- does anyone know?) to get a bit more grunt and slightly more noise from the v8. I have read somewhere that it's only the primary cats that control emissions but need to do more research.
Fuel consumption stays at 17mpg no matter what I do. Been thinking about swapping for a Range Rover of similar age but they have less power and have worse fuel consumption apparently..
The whining on over run is still there. Hasn't got any worse. Tempted to replace the driveshaft with a refurb to see if that shuts it up but its a £450 gamble. I don't know how to diagnose the noise otherwise. Its silent when not accelerating or decelerating and just 'rolling'. As the driveshaft is a common failure that is the most likely suspect.
More news another day.

I know what you mean about the lack of activity on this forum i think its the same everywhere i purchased a Cayenne Turbo S 6 months ago and have been left frustrated by the inactivity on some of these forums :dont know:

I cant help you with the driveshaft problem but if it helps for what its worth if it was my car i would risk it i absolutely love it it pulls like a train and never fails to put a smile on my face its on a 2006 plate with 91,000 miles

Just given it a major service & brake fluid change
had a spint booster fitted ( a must on these cars )
secondary cats removed

I also had to clear the drains behind the wheel arches infact i have removed the bungs to avoid any issues in future

Running on 20" alloys no issues i would like 22" but have been put off with all the noise issues people have reported you can have the car lowered by using the durametric tool by 1.5 inches which imo would make the 20" fill the wheel arch much better so i will be going down that route in the future its also cheaper than buying new rims and tyres

there are no lambda sensors in the secondary cats so no error codes if you get them removed as i have where are you based regarding emissions ?

the only niggle i have is the delay sometimes when i put my foot down it thinks aboout it and then all of a sudden the power comes in with a bang so depending on road conditions you have to be very delicate on the gas pedal especially on roundabouts etc

Hopefully we can help each other out regards any issues these wonderfull ccars may throw at us :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back