Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cooling System Error

911BlackEd

Had this come up yesterday. Apparently it can be any number of items, so will find out tomorrow!

Or maybe it's just another software glitch... :?:

Attachments

• cooling_fault_562.jpg
    cooling_fault_562.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 10,039
Just as an update, this error was caused by one of the eight solenoid valves that form part of the "thermal management system"

Parts were ordered yesterday, and as it happens Porsche issued a recall on these today, so all eight replaced. Now, I have had a rough idle for the past 7k out of 9k miles covered, this has now today gone :thumbs: and as I was told yesterday that these can cause a vacuum leak, so hopefully all done!

Other recalls also done, engine belt guides, seat belt Teflon slides, cabriolet roof tensioners, and a software update. So all good!

Can't wait for these to come on the used market, sounds a reliable purchase. Warranty a must me thinks with this model in the future. :?

911BlackEd said:
Just as an update, this error was caused by one of the eight solenoid valves that form part of the "thermal management system"

Parts were ordered yesterday, and as it happens Porsche issued a recall on these today, so all eight replaced. Now, I have had a rough idle for the past 7k out of 9k miles covered, this has now today gone :thumbs: and as I was told yesterday that these can cause a vacuum leak, so hopefully all done!

Other recalls also done, engine belt guides, seat belt Teflon slides, cabriolet roof tensioners, and a software update. So all good!

Thanks for this.
I have the same issue, will need to get it checked, very annoying.

cooling system error on 2012 porsche boxster

dear Mr. Black

I have the same problem with the cooling system on 2012 boxster.
the instrument said "COOLING SYSTEM ERROR".
is the problem same as the one you told in above.

could you help me with this..
i'm stuck on it.

I doubt that it is unusal for such a new model to have a few issues. For me it isn't that there are issues, it is how they are dealt with. It sounds like Porsche are doing a good job here.

MC

Had the same error pop up on my dash last week.

repaired by Hatfield OPC

cooling system error- yellow light on dash - taken Porsche Hatfield

exhaust solenoid valve - vacuum leak - valve replaced

going to collect today

freeness said:
Had the same error pop up on my dash last week.

repaired by Hatfield OPC

cooling system error- yellow light on dash - taken Porsche Hatfield

exhaust solenoid valve - vacuum leak - valve replaced

going to collect today

You may want to check that it was replaced with the latest (3rd generation I believe) solenoid, they redesigned, and then after still having failures changed to another manufacturer. I had the latest fitted when the vac system was leaking causing pressure to be lost to the brake servo...

Well its now a VW so expect coolant temp sensor fault/warning now and then - other than that these new Porsche engines seem solid!

Big fan of the DFI!

sounds a lot different now i have it back. wasn't expecting that. sounds better so not complaining

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back