Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Questions on 1977 3.0 SC Targa

channel63

Hi, I've just bought a 77 Targa and I have a few questions please. Engine running stationary or even just ignition on but with some electrical load (like windscreen wipers), there is a clicking sound from behind the dash drivers side. I thought it might be the clock at first, but I think it sounds like some relay clicking fairly rapidly. Stuck my head under the boot lid to listen and I could also hear (unrelated I guess) fluid going through a pipe sound, presume thats a fuel return to the tank??
Any ideas on these 2 noises?

ps my clock keeps stopping

thanks

Hi,

It must be a very early SC, as they started in 78, so one of the first. Also check on the outside by the actual wipers, it is a mechanism that may be making the noise too.
My first 911 was a 1977 2.7 car. Hated the 2.7 engine in mine, just bought a bad car.

Regards

Vinny

Mine makes that noise too. Like a short circuit sparking sound. Doesn't seem to be anything major so shall ignore it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back