Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gopro HD 2 or 3? - Which camera do people recommend?

I didn't know that about the low end gopro. I own a gopro 3 and an sj4000 and the quality of the footage is basically the same. 1080/30. It's only the trick stuff that most people probably won't use much if at all that come with the large bill.

Argos is selling it for £99.99 but the gopro 3 is now £159

+1 for the cheap £59 one. I've been using it for about a month, got a big box of spare parts off ebay and a suction mount for about another £30 and I am cooking on gas.

So I've had my little No Pro on the windscreen of my work horse car, a Toyota Avensis, for the past couple of month. Of course its like the kiss of death, soon as you switch it on, nothing happens.

Then on Wednesday heading into the office in Sunbury, traffic lights were out, and there was a collision between a Skip Truck and a Renault Megane estate. The camera picked up both vehicles heading to each other, but the actual accident was obscured by another vehicle. It did pick up the BANG and me going Fu*******. Neither the truck, nor the car stopped. The car had been clipped at the back rather than T boned. The empty skips on the truck pivoted all the way forward as it braked...like a kids swing. The Skip Truck was moving some I'd say. Why the car didn't stop I've no idea....this was 130pm...liquid lunch perhaps?

Anyway I called it into the police, and checked the video. rather than try and put it up on here I've just taken the SD card out just in case someone wants it in the future.

So the moral is. Stick with it, some day it'll be useful.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back