Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£25k - Ferrari 348 vs 911 Turbo..?

Make sure you examine the costs thoroughly. I spend quite a bit on my 997 but I went in with my eyes open; costs of running a 348 would be high.

As pointed out, the 348 TB and later GTB are not classics necessarily, not like the 328 before it and the 355 that followed.

If you really want a 348 you could of course try to win the one that they are offering in the Discovery Channel competition - it is the end car for the Wheeler Dealers Trading Up series that finished this week.

Personally I do actually like the 348 (last one before they started using those horribly bloated airbag steering wheels wasn't it?), just not as much as the 308, 328 or 355. The Spyder in particular has some classic potential beyond simply being a Fezza and the values of them all are likely to be dragged up by the better looking cars built around them. Still one suspects a better investment than the comparatively unloved 360 (which objectively is a better car, but almost nobody sane would choose the styling over an earlier 355). :?:

I see this thread started in July 2013 where both car s could be had for that sum. You will now be able to get a 911TT for under £25k (and some on offer below £20k) but show me where you can still buy a 348 for £25k :dont know:

£40k+ now :pc:

Zingari said:
I see this thread started in July 2013 where both car s could be had for that sum. You will now be able to get a 911TT for under £25k (and some on offer below £20k) but show me where you can still buy a 348 for £25k :dont know:

Bang on.

It would have been about Feb/March last year, was looking at a couple of £26-28k 348's thinking, with the rise in my 993's value, this might be my only chance to do it.

About the same time we decided to try for a baby...
:grin:

Now I'm trying to decide 90 or 110...
:thumb:

Hey! I have just thought of a great thread idea I'll start later...

Zingari said:

Here: yes. The Wheeler Dealers car was sourced a few months back in Italy for $44k (about £28k) so LHD in the right market apparently not yet out of sight.

I have been to look at one this morning...a battered old dog! :roll:

If you listen to some the aircooled are at the top of the bell curve and these 348's are rising fast so I would be happy to sink my hard earned into one.

The car I am looking to replace did 500 miles in 3 years so for something to enjoy owning more than driving they are starting to make sense..

megdog said:
Make sure you examine the costs thoroughly. I spend quite a bit on my 997 but I went in with my eyes open; costs of running a 348 would be high.

As pointed out, the 348 TB and later GTB are not classics necessarily, not like the 328 before it and the 355 that followed.

They are definitely starting to rise!..

I take on board your comments about maintenance but having checked one of over this morning and knowing my way around the oily bits of a car, they do have lots of potential for home maintenance and repair.
There is very good access to the engine and the belts can be changed by removing the fuel tank.

They are kit-car like in construction and are relatively low tech so I think many jobs could be done at home.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back