Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GTS numbers

Seventy Seven

Barcelona
I know the 997 GTS was a limited run, assuming as a run-out model.

Will the 991 GTS have any limitations on numbers?

I think too early to say but I've heard (unofficially) of OPCs being allocated only 4 models each for the whole of 2015 so it's looking to be a pretty rare model.

~ Maxie

Cheers Maxie.

Read Top Gear review earlier which stated GTS will now be a regular model.

From my research on the GTS, the building numbers are very limited and won't be a regular model. This information has come from a GM at Porsche.

Porsche do not want a repeat of the current 911 being 'common' so they are dropping build numbers across the board to keep prices high and discount levels low.

If the economic situation changes, then this could be revised.

h2009 said:
Porsche do not want a repeat of the current 911 being 'common' so they are dropping build numbers across the board to keep prices high and discount levels low.

:?

I thought that Porsche built 911s 'to order' and that the only time they build a quantity in advance was for launch purposes.

don't forget there is an allocation of UK cars from Porsche

so although it's currently a regular model in the range by the time 991.2 is announced next Sept, the 991.1 GT2 will be on it's way out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back