Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lee's 996 C4 project thread

The LED's wont be to everyone's taste but I actually think they look quite smart so well done to you - I also saw a Boxster at an Ace Café meet last month with the LED fronts and we all agreed that they looked realllly good (and that was amongst a bunch of TIPEC members who are as conservative in 'stock vs not' as you can get) :grin:

The induction kit is also a great idea as you seem to have identified it'll do more for induction roar than for power. Spot on! I also recommend a Dansk Sports exhaust as well when you get round to it. I had one on mine and it got really positive mentions by all.

Or search Gundo Hack on the forum search (it's old school BTW so you need to dust down your 'AND' and your 'OR' when inputting - think 'BT Internet Explorer' rather than Google).

Plenty of great threads on ICU as well - plenty have done the iPad mini conversion.

Enjoy your car - many on here have genuine affection for the 996.1 :grin:

996lee said:
and heres the vid of it with a few revs! didnt get a before vid but it was a lot tamer than now

Nice bit of sucking!! Like that :thumb:

cheers nick :wink: i'm certainly enjoying it although its doing no favours for my fuel consumption

washed her today so took a couple of random pics

cleaned the leathers with gliptone cleaner and conditioner as love that new leather smell it leaves

and then got round to sorting a little niggle i was meant to sort when i 1st got her but got side tracked

so out came the scuff master kit! and shes still drying and its too dark to take a pic now but will post the after pics in the morning :wink: :lol:

and the afters

the scuff was a little deeper than i thought so you can if you inspect closely make out a little depression in the leather
but i'll build that up with another coat next week :wink: (and thats a rain drop you can see on the seats not a blob of leather dye lol)
but im happy with the results 8)

yep thats the same gliptone cleaner and conditioner which i think are top notch but then its a leather dye i got with them that has fixed the scuff

got mine from here http://bespokeleathering.com/leathercare/buyonline

although got it a little cheaper as hes a site supporter on a bmw forum im on so may be worth an email saying your a forum member and getting the discount :thumb:

hes the bloke tim shaw and fuzz went too to fix leather stuff on that resto programme on not long back
and he's helpful too with any questions etc

Cool, thanks.

Next question, where do I find what my colour code is?...I know it's grey!

APD Classic grey leather and leatherette combination with Porsche lettering
APF Classic grey leather and leatherette with Classic grey cloth combination
APG Classic grey leather with Porsche lettering
APK Classic grey on Classic grey
APL Classic grey leather.
APM Classic grey leatherette with Porsche lettering on same colour cloth
APM Classic grey on Classic grey
APR Classic grey and light grey leatherette combination
APT Classic grey and light grey leather combination
APU Classic grey leatherette
APV Classic grey leather
AQD Light grey leather and leatherette combination with Porsche lettering
AQF Light grey leather and leatherette with light grey cloth combination
AQG Light grey leather with Porsche lettering
AQJ Light grey leather with light grey cloth combination
AQM Light grey leatherette with Porsche lettering on same colour cloth combination

Very nice. Car looks great.
Link to the induction kit?

a small update since fitting LED rear lights the licence plate bulbs looked a little out of place so had to be done!

the bulb comparison

new on left standard on right

and done

Great thread. Induction kit looks so cool. That tyre looks like it was wearing uneven? have you had alignment checked? I like look of iPad mini but want to keep mine original

a tiny update just to help keep things a little tidier in the limited space for storage i do have

velcro backed so sticks to the sides nicely

Blackporsche said:
nice. very neat and tidy and looks good

cheers buddy :thumb:
im still getting lots of smiles per miles from her and still cant help but have a cheeky look back as i walk away from her :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back