Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 on 19"s

Wilko1

Silverstone
I fitted my winters last weekend and I cant believe how much better (nicer) the car is to drive.
My 997 was always nicer on its 18" winters but the difference seems much more marked on the 991.
I had a set of standard carrera alloys painted dark titanium and i'm pleased with them.
Even though its not particularly cold yet, the water clearing abilities were very welcome this morning.

From what i can find out the wheel weights are a couple of kg per corner lighter than the carrera classics, but the damping seems much more controlled and theres less understeer. This might be as rears are slightly narrower than the 20"s but the fronts are the same width.

Attachments

• img_17361_139.jpg
    img_17361_139.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,949
Less unsprung weight and a fatter tyre wall will contribute to a comfier ride.

~ Maxie

That's always been my take on winters too. I bet there is less road noise as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back