Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

how do you reset service light 2003 4.5 v8

moss

Hockenheim
ive got the 2003 v8 4.5 lump, and service now bongs at me every day, im happy to do myself, have the 9 litres of mobil 1 0w 40, filters etc, but try as i might, i cant get the damn light to go off, i push reset odometer, keepo held in, turn ignition on, it says reset service, i push the enter button on bottom of stalk a few times, it says press brake pedal, ive tryed turning off with button still pressed, ive tryed pushing brake pedal and turning off, all sorts, but nope... bong, still greets me when i start her up...
any help greatfully received :)
thanks

on the 955 Cayenne try

(depending on your software spec, this might not work)

- With key in off position, depress the ODO button.
- Without brake pedal depressed, turn ignition on while still pushing the ODO button.
- You should see a message: "Service Reset".
- Push and hold the "enter" button located on the bottom of the wiper stalk.
- While continuing to push the "enter" button, turn off the ignition.

911UK said:
on the 955 Cayenne try

(depending on your software spec, this might not work)

- With key in off position, depress the ODO button.
- Without brake pedal depressed, turn ignition on while still pushing the ODO button.
- You should see a message: "Service Reset".
- Push and hold the "enter" button located on the bottom of the wiper stalk.
- While continuing to push the "enter" button, turn off the ignition.

thanks , will give that a bash in the morning, failing that is there a cheap plug and play gadget i can buy simply to reset the service lights ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back