Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Diesel V6 2010 - dead accelerator

magnaman

Hi all, hoping you may be able to provide an answer to my intermittent acceleration issue.

The other day I noticed some play in the accelerators pedal and then all of a sudden there was no response even when I floored it. This only lasted for 2-3 seconds but very noticeable. Funny enough, I was heading towards my Porsche dealer to pick up a new locking wheel adapter and on arrival, explained to the tech guys what had happened. They raised an eyebrow and said they would quickly run a diagnosis. About 15 minutes later, they advised that nothing was showing on the computer and couldn't explain the problem but advised me to monitor it and let them know if it reoccurred. Well this morning, it did, twice! This could be quite dangerous in an overtaking situation and I would be pleased to hear from you with any help. Incidentally, I did come across the problem on a US blog but that was in regards to a Cayman (2012 model) and it transpired that Porsche are aware of the problem across the rage: something to do with a wheel or brake sensor.

Thank you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back