Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 904 Carrera GTS engine - bidding advise

911_R

Hello experts!

I'm thinking of bidding on a very good looking Porsche 904 engine type 587/3 - seen in an online catalogue of a german auction house. I've never bought on an auction but figured out that the price given under "Limit" must be the lowest price at which they will sell.
Can anyone judge by the pictures and information if their Limit-price is appropriate/ or how much higher would you go in a prebid? It's Automobilia Auktion Ladenburg (you can search their online catalogue by key words "porsche engine...").
http://www.autotechnikauktion.de/mg/katalog.php?
auktion=65&SESSIONID=&L=2&search=porsche+engine&stype=text

They've got some other spare parts as well, appear quite trustworthy overall so I reckon the engine is genuine.

Thanks for any (quick) help!!

I know nothing about these engines, but if the minimum price is really just short of 1/4M Euro I would like to think it is genuine.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back