Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Complete DIY for tiptronic to paddle shift conversion

would anyone be interested in doing this conversion for a price? selling an already converted wheel?

Yes, that's them. I just went through ebay and fired out messages to 'breaking boxster' adverts. They weren't very good at communication, I had to call them a few times but they were quite a bit cheaper than anybody else..

318touring said:
@ricola, I assume that it was Prestige Salvage that you get your wheel from? I'm not in the UK so not really familiar with the different businesses there. I should probably email them directly as their site doesn't really show a lot.

http://prestigesalvage.co.uk/

ricola said:
Yes, that's them. I just went through ebay and fired out messages to 'breaking boxster' adverts. They weren't very good at communication, I had to call them a few times but they were quite a bit cheaper than anybody else..

318touring said:
@ricola, I assume that it was Prestige Salvage that you get your wheel from? I'm not in the UK so not really familiar with the different businesses there. I should probably email them directly as their site doesn't really show a lot.

http://prestigesalvage.co.uk/

Thanks for that, very unlikely that I'll be able to chase someone up like that where they are 12 hours behind .....

Looks brilliant, you clearly are a whizz with the required tools.

When you talk about steering wheels on eBay what do you mean. At the price mentioned they come without airbags - do they swap over easily?

New996buyer said:
porscheski said:
would anyone be interested in doing this conversion for a price? selling an already converted wheel?

http://www.edition9.co.uk

I had mine done for my previous C4 Tip by Darren at Edition9, it's a fantastic upgrade, completely changes the character of the car, and although not as quick as PDK still a massive improvement over the buttons, and Darren is a top bloke too!

Yes, prices are without airbags. As long as you are swapping 3 spoke for 3 spoke the airbags are identical and need removing to get the wheel off the steering column anyway. You just need to remember to put the ignition key in the accessory position, disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes or so.. The airbag is held on with some torx screws, it's a bit fiddly but I bought some torx keys and then uses a small spanner on the end for increased leverage.

hedgehogsdad said:
Looks brilliant, you clearly are a whizz with the required tools.

When you talk about steering wheels on eBay what do you mean. At the price mentioned they come without airbags - do they swap over easily?

Is an airbag reset required after completing this mod?

Does disconnecting the battery stop the airbag light coming on once its been disconnected?

Really fancy doing this mod.

ricola said:
That's right, disconnecting the battery means no re-sets are required..

Excellent, Thanks For that.

I have a manual wheel ready to do this, just need paddles.

My next query is, i have found a set of paddles on ebay (Link Below) which say they are C63 AMG but the part numbers are different from the ones used by yourself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251677334642?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Do you know if these would be the same and does the alloy insert around the paddle come as part of them.

Thanks in advance.

They look the same, there are a few part numbers as I think wiring lengths changed at model years or applications but they are the same part as far as we are concerned.

Not sure what you mean by alloy insert, you just need what you see in the advert. The mounting flange bit is painted plastic.

Thanks Ricola,

Yeah its the mounting flange i was asking about, looks like its part of the paddle. Only difference i can see in the different paddles is the A171 down paddle has a blue wire where the A212 has yellow wires on both.

You mention Brown/red for down shift and yellow/brown for up shift.

In your pictures it looks like blue/brown downshift and yellow/yellow upshift?

Am i missing something in the picture?

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back