Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PPI on 997 when buying from OPC ?

Milkfloat

Hi - long time lurker,have not posted for a long time.

I am back again looking at a first 911 purchase (997) and have a few questions. :?:

Would anyone here consider a PPI for a car at an OPC (Leicester if it matters), or is it a waste of money?

Am I naive in thinking that an OPC would not be selling lemons and that a 2 year warranty would prevent them masking too many errors?

Is the 111 point check actually any good?

Thanks!

If it is from an OPC then it should be inspected and warrantied.

No need to pay for an additional inspection.

if you're buying a car from an OPC, it will come with a 2 year nationwide Porsche warranty

no need for a PPI

which one is it ? the silver, grey or black one?

if 'they' were selling an Orange 997.1 GT3 RS, it might be a different answer (long story)

Thanks for the speedy answers.

I am interested in the Grey 997.2 with 56K miles

It is funny that their own website does not show the car, but the UK wide locator does show it. I hope it is still there.

£37k for an 09 997.2 3.6, the mileage might be high but the price is good

you dont often see OPC's cars with higher mileage and I dont see many others for sale outside OPC's in that price range

£37k PDK 3.6 with a 2 year OPC warranty, that's a good deal
although it's on 18" Carrera IV Alloys not the 19" Sport Design the text states

IMHO it's worth that you take a closer look

ah ha, i was looking at the 09 3.6

so this 08 3.8S, for £38k it doesn't look too bad at all, the correct spec and throw in the 2 year OPC warranty that is included then it looks good value motoring for the next 2 years

Porsche News said:
ah ha, i was looking at the 09 3.6

so this 08 3.8S, for £38k it doesn't look too bad at all, the correct spec and throw in the 2 year OPC warranty that is included then it looks good value motoring for the next 2 years

although around the 36-38 mark, there is a lot of choice

e.g 997.1 3.8 S with the sought after GT3 Aero Kit
http://www.chappellsportscars.com/stock/used-porsche-911-43351

43351_1-3-585-390-100-c.jpg

I have been scared off by 997.1 stories, probably unnecessarily so and I like the improvements Gen 2 brings. Funnily enough I was only looking ta spending 25K 2 months ago, but talked myself into more. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back