Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

Zingari said:
Tried driving on the original Pifco bulbs at night yet :dont know:

Yes i have driven at night, wasn't great. :dont know:

Zingari said:
These bulbs show off my Sovereign rings a treat :thumb:

Nice! :thumb: This is a classy joint.

Hi Zingers,

Which bulbs are they for our cars and are they dual beam, hi/lo beam or single beam please?

As you can tell I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to electronics :frustrated:

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Paul, You need the 'Dual Beam' type, like these (although these are 6000k - you want 4300k).

Also make sure the bulb casing is not too deep. Some of these dual beam bulbs look like they have 'caps' on the back and these will foul the inner bowl. The linky is the bulb type that fits perfect :thumb:

All a Dual bulb is a HID bulb for main and conventional halogen for high beam

Brilliant thanks Brian 8)

Cheers,
Paul

Game on Chums :eek: The 'de-cat' cat and new Bosch Lambda sensor are fitted. 30 minute job :thumb:

Took the car for a drive today and what I can say is there is more 'noise'. More 'flat six' sounding with some nice burble/rumble notes :grin: Lovely tone on acceleration with no noticeable droning in the cabin at cruising speeds :thumb:

The car seems more responsive and free revving, but then I could be overdosing on the noise :wink:

I can confirm the Lambda o2 sensor must have been on its way out as the engine is now much more stable on tick-over, no hesitation when pulling away and that previous fine balance of clutch/accelerator is a thing of the past. Worth the extra for the Bosch type especially as it had the correct OE connections (Mister-Auto @ £76)

Only downside is the silver 'heat resistant paint' - it isnt judging by the smell :wack:

Zingari said:
Only downside is the silver 'heat resistant paint' - it isnt judging by the smell :wack:

Silver surfer, killing mother Earth one badger at a time :floor:

Zingari said:
:D Finally the return:

L1000990_zps75a21e90.jpg

L1000984_zps70372894.jpg

More to do – rear spoiler fitting and rubbers to sills etc – Now done along with a gearbox oil change. Pics to follow.
wow zingers don't know why I didn't see this before.your car is just beautiful . :thumb:

Thanks Kirk :thumb: In the village today I lost count after 7 Bentleys and more than a dozen RR (mainly black :roll: ) that drove passed me whilst I was taking a coffee. These cars looks small compared to most cars when parked up. Only thing that surpassed it was a 1968 gold Merc SL driven by a youngish chap (with a beard) shopping for a loaf of bread.

Was there a hearse at the front of the procession?

:?:

Glad your car is looking and driving well. Mine hasn't moved for ages.

monkeyrs6 said:
Are you in Leeds to.. :?: Tim

About 50miles south :oops: In fact bumping this thread has reminded me I need to sort some work out for it over winter :roll: Purely preventative stuff and/or owner 'enhancements' :oops:

congrats thats a beauty - real presence with those coke bottle hips - I'd forget about a 993 if I had one of those :thumbs:

So whats she like to drive?

IMI A said:
congrats thats a beauty - real presence with those coke bottle hips - I'd forget about a 993 if I had one of those :thumbs:

Thanks :thumb: Drivewise perhaps more engaging than my 993 and more engine noise ( :thumbs: ) and tyre roar ( :what: ). Overall very comfortable, precise in steering but a little harsh on the suspension (my fault with the set up).

Seemed to go around Spa OK earlier this year and the trip home was around 8hrs driving with just a few 30 min breaks with the only complaint of pain in the right knee due to the offset pedals :oops:

Over winter I may look to KW v3 or PSS10, lower it, spacer front/rear wheels and finally fit a decat pipe, to complement the short 'G', I'm totally happy with. I've also got a set of the factory Recaro wide bolster seats that have just been redyed black that I need to do something with :roll:

I'm now running back on amber indicators as IMHO they set off the polar silver better :grin:

f0907337-f49c-433f-a2b1-afd05a220e2a_zpsd15f545a.jpg

13387411413_e6b3369541_zps0cf598e4.jpg

Zingari said:
IMI A said:

Thanks :thumb: Drivewise perhaps more engaging than my 993 and more engine noise ( :thumbs: ) and tyre roar ( :what: ). Overall very comfortable, precise in steering but a little harsh on the suspension (my fault with the set up).

Seemed to go around Spa OK earlier this year and the trip home was around 8hrs driving with just a few 30 min breaks with the only complaint of pain in the right knee due to the offset pedals :oops:

Over winter I may look to KW v3 or PSS10, lower it, spacer front/rear wheels and finally fit a decat pipe, to complement the short 'G', I'm totally happy with. I've also got a set of the factory Recaro wide bolster seats that have just been redyed black that I need to do something with :roll:

I'm now running back on amber indicators as IMHO they set off the polar silver better :grin:

f0907337-f49c-433f-a2b1-afd05a220e2a_zpsd15f545a.jpg

13387411413_e6b3369541_zps0cf598e4.jpg

Ambers look far better - funny how these things change over time as clear lens were de rigeur 10 years ago. The 964 we have is on stock suspension and feels beautifully damped but perhaps the celebration had sports suspension? Ours is a little too soft and comfortable if anything. Has exactly the same effect on my right knee after a few hours!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back