Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

looking good Paul :popcorn:

Hi Paul
Looking really good, is it machined forum a solid billet? :envy:
Peter

looking good Paul

Thanks Keith :thumb:

What are you up to?

I was very tempted to put my name on Classic Car Show trip but I'm really busy now running through to Xmas. It sounds like a great day :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Paul[/quote]

Hi Paul
Looking really good, is it machined forum a solid billet?
Peter

Thanks Peter :thumb:

Is what machined from solid billet please?

Cheers,
Paul

Hey Paul,

Just catching up on my reading on this thread and this forum, not had a chance for some weeks now. Am I too late to cast a vote for red?

I'm just about to celebrate my first two years of 964 ownership :D

Keep up the stunning work, car looks great.

Steve

Hey Paul,

Just catching up on my reading on this thread and this forum, not had a chance for some weeks now. Am I too late to cast a vote for red?

I'm just about to celebrate my first two years of 964 ownership

Keep up the stunning work, car looks great.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That seals it then. Red is the colour, football is the game....
Ooops sorry, I was getting a bit carried away there :wack:

:congrats: I'm sure you will both be very happy.

How's the project coming along?

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
How's the project coming along?

Slowly! Thanks for asking. I'm targeting sharing something this year.

Steve

Hi Paul
I was referring to your gear lever! :?:
Peter :grin:

Hi Peter,

The alloy one in the recent photos? That's Rob's car, it looks like a Wevo to me but I'm sure Fuch will put us right?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi guys,

Are you ready for a picture heavy update? I may as well post them all as I've nothing else to do :nooo:

While the car has been in getting PDR'd from a couple of dints caused by a low-flying grannie, I brought forward a job which I was going to have done over the winter. The removal of the sill and repair of blistering in a few places, it was a case of while yer in there doc :nurse:

When I bought her a few years ago I had some minor blemishes on the arches (and scuttle, windscreen surround) repaired but John thought we may as well make sure all the sides match up correctly as he didn't do it the first time around. So the plan is to rub down and and re-lacquer the sides, sills & covers. The sill covers will be treated to new fittings and seals before replacement.

It means I'm not getting the chance to drive her over the last few days of a beautiful autumn but it's a job well done before we sort the interior.

To be fair, John says she is in really good condition and we're nit-picking to find jobs but there's no point in letting things develop, we may as well stop them now. We will also take rust preventative measures where appropriate to make everything last as long as possible.

So much for all the detailing Chris spent days on, ho hum :frustrated: Ouch!

Cheers,
Paul

I am not sure i will ever understand paint etc. So you will re lacquer/re clear coat but will not paint all the sides with new black - just the repaired bits? and the paint underneath will look new again? Brilliant!

Didnt expect that! :eek:

At least the fresh bodywork wont need detailing :)

Chris

I am not sure i will ever understand paint etc. So you will re lacquer/re clear coat but will not paint all the sides with new black - just the repaired bits? and the paint underneath will look new again? Brilliant!

Hi Joe,

There will be a final coat of black then the clear coat. John had already done the rest of the car, doors etc., except the bonnet which doesn't need doing.

Didnt expect that!

Me neither mate :duh:

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:

Hi Joe,

There will be a final coat of black then the clear coat. John had already done the rest of the car, doors etc., except the bonnet which doesn't need doing.

Cheers,
Paul

Got it. This must be all the easier knowing your fave body work guy is on the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back