Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Pics

pvr said:
Not sorted it yet. Mine rattles when the roof is closed, no rattle when I open it. What does yours do?

Seems worst when cracked open. Cant say it's really bothering me a the moment. Having too much fun! :thumb:

The rattling roof phenomenon....long been a staple diet of the Targa Porsches with the sliding glass roofs. It was prevalent in both 996 and 997 (exactly the same mechanism was deployed across both series). I'm beginning to think it's happening again on 991s with glass sunroofs. Best remedy for the Targas was to apply silicone spray across the moving parts - if you guys try this on your cars, it might work. It did for my 996 Targa as long as the treatment was monthly.

~ Maxie

Love the car Jimmy, been a while since I was on this forum but when I saw your pics it reminded me of mine. White, glass roof same wheels although I see that yours has the coloured centres. Nice! The sun roof thing is interesting as I have had a few problems with mine

First it was that the wind deflector wasn't deploying properly got that fixed see earlier post. Next was a squeak that's only there sometimes and mostly when it's been wet. Then there is the seal which has come unstuck at the front. It was in the garage to get this fixed and have ordered a new seal. While they were at it they found tgat the wind deflector is ripped and have ordered a new one of them as well. It goes in on Monday to get everything sorted and the hope is that if they have to take the roof to bits they may end up fixing the squeak by accident

None of this is as annoying as the squeaks that come from the passenger seat which they also hope to fix

Thanks! :thumb:

Tell me more about the seat rattles. My passenger seat rattles from somewhere near the tip lever/air bag on the outside. If I reach around the back of the seat and pull it gently towards me it stops. I've not noticed when there is a passenger. It's not awful, but I'd rather it wasnt there!

The car was at the Porsche garage on Friday to have the rattle seen to. After about a 2 hour wait I asked to see progress. The technician was pretty good really and had removed the leather bank panel the bit that's perforated

Behind there, there was a piece of black polystyrene that was bonded to the back shell. By this time he had removed the seat air bag box and the squeak had reduced but when he pressed in one of the corners of the polystyrene block you could hear a very small squeak. It was far better than it had been but I had noticed how it came and went based on the cars temperature. He had also sprayed some stuff between tge shell and tge polystyrene block to try to eliminate it.

I returned on Saturday morning and they said that they hadn't managed to completely fix it and we're going to order a new back panel shell and the block of polystyrene. I thought those 2 parts would come bonded together from tge factory but they dont.

I haven't heard the squeak since and am wondering if I will just leave it as it is. I dont really want them to start taking my seat to bits
:nooo: :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back