Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front ducts

I think the ducts and new lights look really good, I think I'll get some. Out of curiosity though, do the ducts actually connect with anything? Has anyone bothered to add hoses to them? I realise that, unless you're a real track god (I'm not) you don't need the extra air flow to cool the brakes (I assume that was the original purpose of the ducts?).

My set of Type911 ducts are now on with some mods

I did not like the LED bulbs and wiring that came with the kit so I reamed out the midde hole and fitted the OE bulb holder with a better LED bulb, this of course means I did not have to do a re wire

I also sealed the other 2 holes with duct tape

My much better quality LED v the kit one

Happy with result and my self painting

What are the LED bulbs used by JonTT in this application? They look great, just like the HID bulbs in the main lights. My hids look great but I'm still not thrilled with the festoon bulbs in the duct sidelights.

highway said:
What are the LED bulbs used by JonTT in this application? They look great, just like the HID bulbs in the main lights. My hids look great but I'm still not thrilled with the festoon bulbs in the duct sidelights.

Dont know Steve, mine are from ACE parts a few years ago as part of the HID Package

Great write up Tony, they look superb!

The LED's you have used, some people think are too pencil torch like, if you know what I mean!

They dont spread the light like the 16x bank LED does

Yours will be more spot light, the 16x wil be more fog light

All up to personal preference I suppose

Same idea but with parking lights and DRls

Attachments

• hella_drl_197.jpg
    hella_drl_197.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 8,424
  • turbo_s_ducts_with_side_light_103.jpg
    turbo_s_ducts_with_side_light_103.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 8,424
  • turbo_s_ducts_with_drl_521.jpg
    turbo_s_ducts_with_drl_521.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8,424
Ohh I like that !

I guess I could re-commission the fog lights in that fashion :grin:

I had original front ducts on my old 993 but I ripped them out and replaced with standard fogs, which are NOT cheap.

Just a personal thing

Trev

dommorton said:
jonttt said:
If your just looking to replace the crap looking OEM fog light units

They don't look crap at all if you bite the bullet and buy new ones.
One of my fog units was smashed in a contraflow by a flying cone base. Those things are heavy. So I got a new fog light and it looks spectacular. And for £170 (from memory) it should. Need to replace the other one to match now *sigh*

RobIpswichUK said:
jonttt said:
There is another option if your just looking to replace the crap looking OEM fog light units = the original Audi RS fog lights from the same era. Apparently it shared the porsche 993 bumper apertures so it could use the 993's indicator units but it's fog light units look much better and should be a straight fit ? I've never seen them on a 993 though :dont know:

John, were these the ones you were thinking of?

air+scoop+fog+light1104507515.jpg

Based on Mk3 Golf VR6 Fog and shorter duct. I like them but the price is even higher than the round fog units.

Re: the Ebay ones, I had a chat (email) with the guys and they come with no connections for the lights so spade connectors etc are the way to go, to attach to the little LED units.
These are my personal favourites. Porscheshop sell some (replicas?) for around £220 but "modification to bumper is necessary" :?:

Without the bumperettes:
328605d1231998597-gt2-brake-ducts-new-photos-038.jpg

This on the other hand :nooo:
IMG_1169-sm.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back