Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2015 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS & Carrera 4 GTS models

Disco said:
DynoMike said:
... the car is just too big.

Rather ironic isn't it. The 911 made its name as the practical compact sports car and now it is essentially as wide as an S Class Merc. In fairness it isn't as if much fits in a standard sized garage these days, but even so...

A lot was made of the "bloated" dimensions of the 991 when it was launched. Looking at the actual dimensions tells a rather different story. Compared to its 997 predecessor the standard Carrera 991 is the same width (1808mm), lower (1303mm vs 1310mm) but slightly longer (4491mm vs 4435mm). Crucially though the 991 is 45kg lighter (PDK). There is a significant increase in performance over the 997 and lower fuel consumption.

In the real world though, the really important measurement is that it fits in my small garage (I have to fold the driver's mirror in when going in or out in my 997).
As much as I love the old models (air cooled) and appreciate their place and importance in the history of the 911, I find them just too small (for me). And the rear end of the 991 gives it a coherence that I find the 997 (just) lacks - but clearly that's just a personal opinion.

Back on subject, the GTS will be a corker!

Loving the new car. :thumb:

A shrewd move by Porsche by taking the winning formula of the 997 GTS and applying it to the 991 by ticking as many option boxes as possible and making them standard features on the GTS.

The 997 GTS was a very good value run out model.... something tells me this just fills a gap between Carrera S and Turbo. Can't believe a standard GTS 4 is more than a GT3!!!

Personally I like it though, especially the Carrera 3.2 style rear grill on the engine cover. Having said that I would have been annoyed if I'd have bought a 50th Anniversary "limited edition" model, only to see this thing launched that looks pretty similar!

Roro said:
The 991 GTS coupe is probably the best all in one do it all vehicle you can get, just like the 997 GTS was before it

I'd have one 8)

Me too,

Having learned my lesson buying new cars previously ....

I'll have mine in red with 5-10k miles on it and at a substantial discount in 18 months time after the first cars come back to ' previously enjoyed' hand market.....

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back