Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera prices for low mileage models ??

tony`mac`

What`s peoples opinions on these cars, would you pay `a bit` more i.e.(£23k) for the piece of mind that your cars done 40k or 50k, compared to paying £15-£17k for one with 100k + miles

Just wondering if I should go the extra and dig deep ??

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

I don't know if this helps but I think I can offer comments on 2 of these cars:

The Tom Ferguson car is every bit as good as described, I've sat in it and had a good look over it.

The paintwork is exceptional (flawless) for a car of this age and has a deep gloss shine. Tom told me it hasn't had a respray, nor could I see any signs of one. The photos simply do not do the car justice.

Similarly, the interior is in beautiful condition, a nice well cared for leather and generally a patina of a much, much younger car. It really is a credit to the previous owners.

I have known Tom for over 30 years and his experience is second to none. When he worked for local Porsche dealership in Newcastle upon Tyne he regularly serviced my cars and I have recently purchased a low mileage 964 from him for a project. My car is the black 964 you can see in the background of one of the photos which he is storing for me.

Which leads me to the Paul Stephens car. I have spent much time researching Paul Stephens and his retro PS Autoart cars and his reputation for workmanship, attention to detail and service is outstanding. I have spoken to them over the phone with a view to sending my project car to be turned into a "Touring R" sometime next year. I'm sure that 3.2 will also be as described.

The Cabriolet I can't comment on, except to say that if it was mine I wouldn't have posted the photo with a small damp patch on the ground behind the engine, even though it's probably only water from the car being recently washed.

The value of (G50) 3.2's do seem to be hardening especially for very low mileage Coupes like these. Cabriolets can be bought cheaper as they are generally not as desirable, although they look a lot better without the whale-tail in my opinion but it's personal taste.

As investment potential, all low mileage examples will only appreciate over a longer term especially if you are considering "a keeper". And as a point of note, I sold my 3.2 Carrera SE with only 20k (circa) miles on the clock for £24k back in the early '90's, should have kept it! Doh!

:frustrated:

Happy hunting,
Paul

Thanks for that Paul, the Cab was only for a comparison as I would`nt have (that) one anyway. But it is only £4k cheaper than the black one which is my favourite of the other two, as mainly £29k is too much for me. But £23k I could `stretch` to.

I might give him a ring this week, you never know he might be in the Christmas spirit and do a deal.

and yes, they definately could do with investing in a camera, and rsizing their pictures :wink:

cheers

Tony

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdj
Back