Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

05 reg 993? don't mind if I do!

Talking to the guy he said it was made from parts Ruf had, apparently the original owner asked Ruf about air cooled cars not thinking they could do it and they said; 'you can have what you like'! So he said I'll have a 993 please!

The guy bought it over from California about 9 months ago, all he would say was he had some fun with the DVLA getting it registered! As Citori said we didn't broach the subject of price, it's got to be well into six figures.

Regarding copyright/infringement etc he made a comment to me about how RUF and the Porsche family use to be quite close so perhaps there was an agreement of sorts - be interesting to know whether since Porsche isn't now an independent company this would still stand.

He did make us laugh at the end saying he'd learnt something new about the car! (that the 05 plate made it look very unusual).

Certainly was a lovely car and the owner was very low key about, which was great to see.

wonder how it got through a 2005 emissions test!?!

GT4 said:
Outliar said:
What a beauty, must go to Headingham next year.

Liking those black enameled turbo wheels... Never seen that before but looks great.

I must try to post more :D

And me...:) Though they look so much better on a black car, particularly a turbo one. Mine were only intended to be temporary while the silvers were refurbed. But they appear to still be there...:)

Mine aren't "Black" per se, but "Schwarz" (to match the car)

I am assuming yours are gloss black?

Yeah. Gloss back, polished lip.

Polar993TT said:
GT4 said:
Outliar said:
What a beauty, must go to Headingham next year.

Liking those black enameled turbo wheels... Never seen that before but looks great.

I must try to post more :D

And me...:) Though they look so much better on a black car, particularly a turbo one. Mine were only intended to be temporary while the silvers were refurbed. But they appear to still be there...:)

Those wheels look stunning on your car.

I opted for all black, which for me would certainly not work on a black car and probably would not look as good against the blue.

But set against the Polar Silver of my car, I am quite happy...

21062014044_zps852810f2.jpg

21062014043_zps0857ede1.jpg

21062014040_zps69d7a6dc.jpg

Those look great! I had my black ones on my previous Polar 993T4.

If money was no object I think I might follow suit. Imagine having a brand spanking new 993 built to your own specification.

Quite an uplifting thread.

Holy thread resurrection.

You are right though, it would be very cool.

MC

Albionmuz said:
If money was no object I think I might follow suit. Imagine having a brand spanking new 993 built to your own specification.

Not cost effective chum :hand: You'd do your dough. Plus I think back when the thread was started £500k value was over-egging it as it would be now :bandit:

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:

Not cost effective chum :hand: You'd do your dough. Plus I think back when the thread was started £500k value was over-egging it as it would be now :bandit:

I'd be bothered about doing my dough if I had enough to spend that much?

I would be interested in your renowned professional valuation of what this allegedly 500k car would be worth now assuming a couple of thousand miles a year mileage.

Albionmuz said:
I would be interested in your renowned professional valuation of what this allegedly 500k car would be worth now assuming a couple of thousand miles a year mileage.

With or without the rose tinted goggles :dont know:

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:

With or without the rose tinted goggles :dont know:

I do not believe that you have a pair of rose tinted goggles :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back