Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne purchase!

Chuffing car. The old fog light was still in the boot and it's cut my thumb really bad. 5 hrs at A+E and back on Monday for surgery on cut tendons.. Drat!

Sorry to hear about the hand/tendons :nooo:

I have 2006 turbo s so not sure if its exactly the same and where the rear wash wipe is attached to the glass it kind of juts out well underneath is a button press that and the rear glass will open hey presto :)

or my key fob has 3 buttons on it the bottom opens the rear and i think if you keep it pressed a couple of seconds that also opens the glass any more help needed and i will gladly try and help i'm still getting to know mine also but it is a wonderfull car :thumb:

Yes I found the small button under the rear wiper. My keys have only 2 buttons. They are a bit worn so the outer casings need changing.
Hand is repaired...

Cayenne purchase and summer/winter tyres

Hi Voodoocars
I considered 20-21 inch alloys but was advised against them as the ride would be affected....still, they look great when they have them! I kept the original 19 inch and have Continental summer tyres, and I bought some 18 inch Porsche alloys and fitted Pirelli winter tyres on. Though last winter was OK and milder than expected, you can tell the difference in the increased grip in frosty, wet and greasy roads, and also the quieter and softer ride.

Soon, the weather will dip below 7 degrees C, and the winters will go on again!

I had the wheels off the other day to refurb and clean calipers/wheel arches. I nearly but the other wheels on but didn't. I will definately swap them for the winter tho'. Partly to preserve the tread on the 22"s as well.

Winter / Summer tyres on Cayenne S

It does spread the mileage out and I was told the winters should last 3 - 4 seasons with a bit of luck. The front tyres on the summer set are worn on the outer edges, and despite a geometry check and adjust, not really made a massive difference. What are your 22 inchers like so far? Even?

Actually, I'll ask the chap at the garage. It's been RAC'd there due to sudden loss of coolant at the weekend! The dashboard flashed up "Check Coolant Level", then there was a lot of steam, and then the temperature gauge went up and over 100 degrees, then I stopped and called for help.

Yes the wear on the tyres is even. We don't do many miles in it though.
A couple of more pressing issues at the moment are the humming/rumbling noise from underneath on over run and for some reason the key fob doesn't open the car every time. It's only done it a couple of times and I have a feeling that one of the car batteries may be on its way out.. If anyone has any ideas on those two issues please let me know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back