Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Current Porsche Panamera meets its all new 2017 successor

Porsche News

Porsche's 2017MY Panamera Mk2 has finally stepped out in the open, but it didn't do so alone, as we scooped the prototype testing next to the current, facelifted model.

2016-Porsche-Panamera-120.jpg

We suspect that Porsche went out of its way to camouflage the mule in order to make it look as close as possible to the first generation model.

Now, while it isn't wearing the final production body in its entirety, you can easily spot the different window line (notice the small triangular piece on the front window and the rear section that extends into the C-pillar) that is similar to the 2012 Panamera Sport Turismo Concept.

Much like the aforementioned study that was designed to hint at the styling of the next Panamera as well as to explore reactions to the addition of a possible second body style to the range, the tester has a more flattened nose.

Holding up the new body is Porsche's new MSB platform that utilizes high-strength steels and aluminum components to shave some 100 pounds, while the car is believed to be powered by a new range of V6 and V8 petrol engines, with a diesel and a plug-in hybrid variant to also be on offer.

Source,carscoops.com

It looks like the rear tailgate line has changed to improve the flow lines of the roof to tail aspect, personally I think that was the area that the original was weak as it looked funky but not the most appealing roofline.this body shape is crying out for a revamp.I liked the new 300bhp diesel version at my OPC last time I was there but the overall shape still needs a tweak ......

I hope they fix it this time......

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back