Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saw this at Oulton Park yesterday, anyone on here own it?

isysman

Went to Oulton Park yesterday for a bit of racing (watching). Was a really surprising day in that the racing was actually really good to watch. There were a few Porsches in one of the races, couple of Boxsters and a wide bodied 930 to name a few. It was funny at one point a 968 was overtaken and the commentator said "And the Porsche was overtaken, the 924, no 944 wait, 928 should I say..."

Anyway saw this parked up and absolutely love it. Can anyone tell me more about it? Does it belong to a member of 911uk?

Was stripped out inside. no carpets, full roll cage, and a bucket seat for the driver and a normal seat with headrest for the passenger.

Russ's from Ddk. Ex race car .

I'm up there quite a bit and always see this when I go, followed me into the circuit the other week. Beautiful thing and sounds stunning.

hot66 said:
Russ's from Ddk. Ex race car .

So it's a genuine RS? There are so many replicas now and the genuine cars are worth so much I just assume ones I see being used are copies.

Not original rs

It's a 1973 RHD 2.4e ( still a rare car ) , used to race and has now got a 3.2 motor in the back. We keep nagging Russ to swap the exhaust and fit a proper rear bumper :D

The exhaust looks fab, it's one of the things I really liked about it. So is that not the correct rear bumper then? My knowledge of the older cars is shocking.

What a beautiful car... I've promised myself that one day I'll get one. 8)

ETA by 'one' I mean an 'early' 911, an S will do nicely doesn't have to be an RS :)

correct style rear end

buliavac_porsche2.jpg

You'd have to be a proper spotter to notice the difference. Personally I'd leave it just how it is.

That is a beautiful thing. Lucky man :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back