Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lpg conversion booked for monday

moss

Hockenheim
finally bit the bullet and booked my 2003 v8 4.5 in for a lpg conversion monday, will post back with results, will get it back thursday !

one other thing im after doing is a de cat, as im told that on lpg omissions are drastically reduced :) just dont want to spend 400+ on some miltek ones, after all its only a short piece of pipe ! any one know anyone that sells them ?

You need CATs to get thru the MOT or what appear to be CATs

JohnnyDangerous said:

apparently cayennes have 4 cats, the 2 secondary ones can be removed as long as when the mot is done the lpg kicks in, as this reduces to co2 emissions to well below legal levels :)

moss said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

apparently cayennes have 4 cats, the 2 secondary ones can be removed as long as when the mot is done the lpg kicks in, as this reduces to co2 emissions to well below legal levels :)

I dont think it even gets tested dude, its a visual smoke test if presented on LPG but as it is a certain year it has to have cats bolted on it.

JohnnyDangerous said:
moss said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

I dont think it even gets tested dude, its a visual smoke test if presented on LPG but as it is a certain year it has to have cats bolted on it.

wonder if i can just have my cats gutted ? ie remove all the gubbings that stop the free flow, or buy some empty cans to put in there place ?

You can buy fake cats on ebay !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back