Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know who owns this "Rat Look" 911 or any ot

Absolute love this look too and would love to do something similar one day with a 356. Think it would really suit a good ratting

Really don't like the show and shine type cars/people but as someone said it must always be A1 mechanicals underneath a ratty :thumb:

pzero said:
Mrs pzero has just barged her way into this conversation (so sorry about that) by putting forward the notion that if one was to be travelling/driving in such a car then when one alights it's essential that they are of immaculate appearance. She may have a point.

I dress as I drink: Chablis.

Kimbo said:
pzero said:
Mrs pzero has just barged her way into this conversation (so sorry about that) by putting forward the notion that if one was to be travelling/driving in such a car then when one alights it's essential that they are of immaculate appearance. She may have a point.

I dress as I drink: Chablis.

:viking:

That rat car is well weird, 'looks' like a proper old shell (number plate, no sunroof, engine grill and narrow axle fuchs) but seems to have later rear wings with the arches chopped off and slimmer ones welded in (look at the join!), also the front wings look like the bottom is chopped off for 'backdate' indicators, you can even see the bit of metal welded on between indicator and wheel arch.

Rat look is a left to fade original, not a Frankenstein of parts.

People say it's worth something, but my money is it's worth more in bits and is a godawful parts bucket with a VIN that is either missing or that means nothing.
:?:

Someone with a VW camper van will buy the engine and wheels, the rest will be worth what exactly????
:dont know:

What's not to like?!

Attachments

• image_553.jpg
    image_553.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 9,162
clarkycat said:
People say it's worth something, but my money is it's worth more in bits and is a godawful parts bucket with a VIN that is either missing or that means nothing.
:?:

We don't really know. If it is a genuine early 70's car with a correct engine and chassis number it will be worth a fair bit as a project car regardless of condition. Unless you get a restored car a lot of them require a full or partial re-skin/strip down because of the dreaded tin worn and re-spray so you may as well start with something like the above. Especially if you can get it for the price of a couple of 996s...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back