Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Fitment help!!!

aaron johal

Hi guys,

I need abit of advice. I have a 997.1 c2 2007

I have found some wheels I love but I am not sure they will fit with all the offset etc. Haven't got a clue how it all works

The specs of the wheels are

custom 3 piece split rims 5x130 wheels. Condition is Used.

18x9.5j and 18x11j. 5x130 PCD
ET 28 front, 31 rear.
Polished lips. Front lips are original 2.5" OZ, rear lips are 3.25" SRR Hardware.

I am clueless when it comes to this stuff so any help will be appreciated

Thank you

So I think I have found some more suitable rims

Will the offset work?

Front. Rear
Size 19"x8.5" 19"x11.0"
PCD 5x130.0 5x130.0
Offset 45 52

Hi

I had struggled to get my head around this but have a basic understanding now. I am no expert it's just been helpful info on choosing wheels for my car.

In the end I opted for the matched offset to avoid any issues or having to have spacers on wide body. Porsche engineers worked to develop the correct offset for the car and components like wheel bearing will fit to this.

The offset on you c2 at the real is ET67 so if you put the ET52 in there you will have a wider stance. The will will stick out 15mm more on the arches.
Not huge as people run discrete for this but you need to make sure these Wheels work on arch clearance and also clearance on you callipers etc
People run wide body wheels on the c2 as they have a ET51 so wheel dependant could be ok.

On the front it looks to be a 11mm increase so wider and need to think about scrub and set up.

I've never been down this route of different offset but several people I spoke to advised to try to get the matched offset to the car.

Ofcourse this Is all opinion / guidance from reading up, many more qualified and experienced people on here will be able to help.

Wheels and tyres can be tricky, but given many run 7mm front and 15mm rear spacers on stock rims, those offsets should be OK.

What I have come to learn is that there is no better test than actual trial fitment, on your car, as other variables will have an impact: alignment, ride height, caliper, tyre size & shape.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back