Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Users experiencing issues with all legacy DM's / private message ? # did the update work ?

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
therefore with so many unread messages in what is now called the 'conversations' rather than PM's

you are not seeing any new notifications ? and not using the conversation (PM) message system for that reason

is that a mobile or a desktop issue ?

Last edited:
All my new conversations show messages sent and received like a a text conversation which is great.

All my old conversations are in two separate lists and are difficult to review as I have to toggle between received and sent. Any that I haven't opened since the new site went live are in bold inferring that they have never been opened.

All the above is on a desktop and I am getting e-mail notifications of new messages.

My old conversations are also in two separate lists meaning you have to toggle between received and sent, as opposed to showing as a conversation thread.

Not sent or received any PM's since the new site went live.

My old conversations are also in two separate lists meaning you have to toggle between received and sent, as opposed to showing as a conversation thread.

Not sent or received any PM's since the new site went live.
1702321642908.png

the filter options, usually easier to have them all set to show all

which device are you using ?

i wondering if there is an issue with the new PM 'conversation' system or is it a case that users are not familiar with the new system, as it is very different to what we had

Last edited:
I went through all 1876 of mine and marked them as read. Rather tedious but stress relieving.

I went through all 1876 of mine and marked them as read. Rather tedious but stress relieving.
was this on your desktop or mobile, as when I asked users said this was solved

View attachment 95148

i wondering if there is an issue with the new PM 'conversation' system or is it a case that users are not familiar with the new system, as it is very different to what we had

Setting the 'Show all conversations' only works on conversations started since the new site went live.

All old pms only show one message at a time making reviewing of them very difficult. ie. They don't show as 'conversations'.

i wasn't aware of that,
a message sequence error

let me look to get that fixed, add it to the log

View attachment 95148

Yes, it could be an issue with lack of familiarity. Using Chrome browser on a Mac.

Setting the 'Show all conversations' only works on conversations started since the new site went live.

All old pms only show one message at a time making reviewing of them very difficult. ie. They don't show as 'conversations'.

Yes, this is exactly what I've experienced, my old messages don't show as 'conversations / threads' - from other forums that's how I'd expect them to show? There doesn't appear to be an end-user setting for us to toggle that on/off unless I'm missing something.

i'll get that fixed,, it is a gap from the legacy data migration, but not an easy one to fix

explains why the PM's count is so low

was this on your desktop or mobile, as when I asked users said this was solved
It was when the site was first launched and I did it on my desktop.

update on this legacy pm issue

this has proved to be difficult to fix, as a result of the previous dev making a mess of it

Currently all legacy messages are split individually i.e. shown as single messages are not threaded. Which is why your inboxes are all showing every individual message and not in the correct message sequence

the fix will have a limitation
- all legacy messages can only be associated by user and not by it's topic
- as a result all these legacy conversations with a specific user will be threaded together, meaning all and any topic will be included as a a single message sequence / thread to and from another 911uk member that have had a DM/PM with
- these will be in the correct time index and they will all be retained, which is key

this only impacts legacy messages

after a lot of hard worth, the update has been applied

can i encourage users to check their DM's to see if all is now well, thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back