Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top gear valved exhaust system

Photo as mentioned above

Attachments

• img_6519_944.png
    img_6519_944.png
    880.9 KB · Views: 629
I wired in a genuine switch to the dash, had to buy a latching relay but works perfectly and I think, is better than the remote

Below is how to wire in a dash switch.

evo360 said:
ladadida said:
I have just bought a C4S a few weeks ago knowing the original OEM exhaust needs replacing. One side has cracked and is blowing.

I am interested what you think about the Topgear switchable system.

When I was looking I was ideally after a car with PSE, but settled on this one with the standard OEM exhaust as the rest of the car seemed good. The Topgear switchable looks like a good solution for me.

I am scared of getting one that's too quiet, or equally too agressively loud if I get non switchable!

So I was in the same position as you. I need it to be quiet when we go away for weekends etc but more open for my more spirited North Wales runs. This seemed to be the best solution from a cost perspective. I have the exhaust fitted however I haven't plumbed in the vac hoses yet so its wide open. I went away for a couple of days in it last weekend and as a daily driver it is too loud, around the 3000k mark it gets boomy, up hills etc under load it's horrible whilst wide open.

I'll report back after the plumbing is installed this weekend and I can switch between. Right now, if I had to choose between a stock set up and this system in a fixed open position, I'd be going stock and looking for some intake noise instead. Hope this all makes sense and I'll respond again in a couple of days

Thanks. That is helpful. I'd also be very interested to know how it is with the valves closed. I'm hoping you will say very similar to stock!

Hi all, just a quick update on the valved exhaust. So I had the car booked into OCD Porsche in Wallasey for a clutch today, I have a list as long as my arm for work that needs to be done, but first things first. Chris took the car and sorted the clutch, he then took a look at the non-opening/closing exhaust. It turns out that I had a split in one of the vac pipes and I'd fitting one in the wrong place. Anyway, all sorted and I can report that with the valves closed, the system sounds completely stock. I am super happy as my weekends out with the wife will be a lot more civilised. Those days in Wales I can open it up and have some fun. Big thanks to Chris at OCD for sorting it

evo360 said:
Hi all, just a quick update on the valved exhaust. So I had the car booked into OCD Porsche in Wallasey for a clutch today, I have a list as long as my arm for work that needs to be done, but first things first. Chris took the car and sorted the clutch, he then took a look at the non-opening/closing exhaust. It turns out that I had a split in one of the vac pipes and I'd fitting one in the wrong place. Anyway, all sorted and I can report that with the valves closed, the system sounds completely stock. I am super happy as my weekends out with the wife will be a lot more civilised. Those days in Wales I can open it up and have some fun. Big thanks to Chris at OCD for sorting it

Thanks for reporting back. That is exactly the answer I was hoping you'd say! Seems like the best of both worlds. Early mornings and motorway cruising on quiet, but still a mode for the inner child in me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back