Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic switch replacement

JasonH1969

Trainee
Hi All,

My car has had a AMG paddle install done which works really well, but the original tiptronic shift rockers are still in-situ; occasionally when steering briskly I have inadvertently pushed one of the front rockers, changing gear when it wasn't wanted.

Are there blanking plates available to replace the rockers? If so where from and would anyone have the part numbers please?

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20220723_102051_resized_848.jpg
    20220723_102051_resized_848.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 945
I converted a manual wheel to paddle shift, it's probably easier to isolate the front switches, I can send you a working diagram if you need 👍

You could get the wheel recovered by Royal Wheels, they can take out the switches and fill over the area before trimming
Might have to isolate the wires from the switches before you send it to them though as not sure if they would touch the wiring, easy job though

Gt3Owl said:
I converted a manual wheel to paddle shift, it's probably easier to isolate the front switches, I can send you a working diagram if you need 👍

That would be really helpful, thanks very much :D

grbspeedster said:
You could get the wheel recovered by Royal Wheels, they can take out the switches and fill over the area before trimming
Might have to isolate the wires from the switches before you send it to them though as not sure if they would touch the wiring, easy job though

Thanks Geoff, I'll try to isolate first and then check out what they can offer :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will.i.am911
Back