Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thanks deMort (997T clutch slave swap)

Scholester

Barcelona
A big thanks to Iain for his online assistance with this very fiddly job. It's one that would take me a quarter of the time if ever i have to repeat it.

Initially i chose not to remove the starter motor, but once removed, it made access so much easier. There is a little port on the side of the bell housing that allows you to feel that you have located the slave push rod correctly into the recess in the clutch fork.

It's a pig of a job on the Turbo when conducted on your back but a creeper with an adjustable head rest made it just about bearable.

I chose to rebuild my slave with Rennfix (Hightower) uprated seals as this was more cost effective, and apparently certain seals have been redesigned as originals don't seem to last that long. The action is now butter-smooth and light. I did run plenty of new Pentosin through the system whilst bleeding (several times) so all old blackend fluid was replaced.

There is a semi-decent online video (Heidi & Franny's garage) which also gave me some pointers and it's reassuring to know that others found the whole operation tricky too!

Thanks again deMort :thumb:

How you guys manage to do jobs like this with a car jacked up and laying on your back is beyond me .. id be walking out the door pretty quick if i had to do it .. it's bad enough on a ramp !

Excellent job young man .

deMort said:
How you guys manage to do jobs like this with a car jacked up and laying on your back is beyond me .. id be walking out the door pretty quick if i had to do it .. it's bad enough on a ramp !

Excellent job young man .[/quote

He did keep walking out, that's why it took him three months to complete :floor:

Only kidding good work Steve

Thefinn said:
deMort said:

Excellent job young man .[/quote

He did keep walking out, that's why it took him three months to complete :floor:

Only kidding good work Steve

If only it were three months! :grin:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back