Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Design to 991.2 PDK Steering Wheel Swap

swifty789

Hi,
New here, so sorry if this has been answered before, I cant find the it.

I have a 2011 997.2 with a PDK Sport Design steering wheel which I am looking to swap with a 991.2 wheel. Both PDK, no MF and no heating.

The Sport Design wheel just has the main connector, a ground wire and the two airbag connectors. The 991.2 wheel has a black module box sitting in the base of the wheel a single connector in it (can't tell where it goes). Pictures below.

My question is, in order to do the swap, do I need to unplug/remove this module box or leave it as it is?

I have the replacement airbag to go with the new wheel.

Thanks for your help/advice.

Attachments

• sport_design_wheel_101.jpg
    sport_design_wheel_101.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 766
  • 9912_wheel_181.jpg
    9912_wheel_181.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 766
Sorry don't know the answer to your question but I do know...

...that you really need to push hard on the airbag connectors when re-fitting to make sure they are seated properly before turning on the car. Otherwise you get an airbag warning light and the airbag switches off.

As I found out.

Richard

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back