Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat swap and the seatbelt warning light

hermes

Spa-Francorchamps
Took the comfort seats out of my 996 today and put my 997 buckets in.

The only common electrics I can see is the seatbelt warning light for the drivers seat (there doesn't seem to be wiring for the passenger seat correct?)

So I jumped the 2 wires from the car harness into the 997 seat but still ended up with the seatbelt light.

Have I missed something?

I had to swap the seat belt clip from the old drivers seat, the passenger side doesn't have a connection.

Did you use the seat belt receptacles from the 996 seats?

They need to be swapped over.

I used the 997 receptacle. I assumed it was just an open circuit that went to ground when the seat belt went in.

Is the implication that the 997 clip doesn't generate a ground when the 996 seatbelt is inserted?

Be a couple weeks now before I can do more digging.

hermes said:
Took the comfort seats out of my 996 today and put my 997 buckets in.

The only common electrics I can see is the seatbelt warning light for the drivers seat (there doesn't seem to be wiring for the passenger seat correct?)

So I jumped the 2 wires from the car harness into the 997 seat but still ended up with the seatbelt light.

Have I missed something?

I just jointed the 2 wires under the seat together rather wire them into the seat to save swopping the seat clip over as the 997 seat clip works differently to the 996 one

Just done a seat swap on mine and, as said above, simply use the 996 seat belt buckle fitting. I managed to pick up a good secondhand one on eBay (Part No. 99680318307) for £30.

Phil

I have also swapped out my 996 for 997 seats, it's more then just the seat belt harness, the wiring harness plug needs to use the 996 one so some electrical work needs to be done, I took it to a Porsche Indy who did the whole job for £90 last year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back