Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removal of center console side panel on cars with OEM phone holder

oHm3n

Hi,

I'm trying to install a new stereo, but ran into problems from the start.

My car has the OEM phone holder, and I can't get the center console side panels off on the side with the holder. The other side popped right out like in all the videos out there, but the side with the phone holder will not move. It feels like it's fixed with additional mounts, but I cant find them.

Grateful for any help :)

1705233889391.png

You need to remove the phone holder first, it's separate from the side panel.

Thank you. I was able to figure it out. You are correct.

The holder is mounted from the front of the side panels with three bolts. You need to remove a couple of bolts from the front of the holder(where the phone sits), and pry off the front plate of the holder. There is one more bolt behind the front plate that must be removed before you can pry of the leather casing. When the leather casing is removed, you will se he last three bolts fixing the holder to the center console.

Attachments

• IMG_6484.jpg
    IMG_6484.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back