Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Passenger footwell auxiliary power socket

sc650

Silverstone
Has anyone replaced the auxiliary power socket in the passenger footwell..?
Mine has failed and Porsche want £108.98 for a replacement which seems outrageously high.
Thanks
Steve

How has it failed?

Mine wasn't working but was just the 7.5A fuse in the driver footwell, 10p and 2 minutes to replace the fuse! Hopefully it's something simple like that as they're just a positive line and an earth right?

There is a metal disc at the bottom of the socket, which I imagine the live feed is attached too, that connects to the tip of the plug when inserted - this disc has come away.
I'm not particularly technical but I was hoping that Porsche are buying these from Bosch or someone similar.

For £15 its worth a try :thumbs:
Thanks for your help.

Better than £110!! Or there must be breakers around with the bits as it's just a straight plug in right?

Hi
Thanks that's a useful idea.
I tend to use mine to trickle charge the car so want to keep it standard.
I've also heard from Design911 - the socket is in 2 parts, I only need the centre part, £20 incl VAT and postage :thumbs:

On a slight tangent, my 2005 C2S does not have one of these in the footwell. Was it an option or something fitted after a certain year?

Schwaben said:
On a slight tangent, my 2005 C2S does not have one of these in the footwell. Was it an option or something fitted after a certain year?

I believe it was an option but if not fitted it's not hard to retro fit ..

A hole cutter for the panel , some wiring , a generic cigar socket and an inline fuse is all that's required ... fuse rating along with the wire should be 30 amp capable but as it's not going to be used to power a cigar lighter then 15 amp would do .

Id tend to say .. 1.5 hrs at a garage if you didn't want to do it yourself .

deMort said:
Schwaben said:

I believe it was an option but if not fitted it's not hard to retro fit ..

A hole cutter for the panel , some wiring , a generic cigar socket and an inline fuse is all that's required ... fuse rating along with the wire should be 30 amp capable but as it's not going to be used to power a cigar lighter then 15 amp would do .

Id tend to say .. 1.5 hrs at a garage if you didn't want to do it yourself .

Thank you. I don't miss it, I only use main socket for pumping tyres and rare occasion to charge phone.

remarklima said:
sc650 said:
remarklima said:
Ah I see... There's a load of generic ones out there, as they'll all be the same size, but wouldn't this do it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...ar-Cigarette-Lighter-12V-Socket-/384156228201

Hi Remarklima
I bought the item you suggested and fitted it today - saved almost £100....!!
Thanks for your help.
Best
Steve

Awesome! Pleased to hear it was the right one, and a relative bargain!

I assume it was just plug and play?

Undoing the locking nut was a bit tricky - in the garage laying across from the drivers side (not as young and agile as I'd like....) but yes plug and play when it was undone :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back