Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil cap, mayo residue...

turna123

Hi guys, me again lol! Just gone to top up with oil, and on the inside of the oil filler neck, it's got mayo gunk round it. Inside of the cap had a little on too. Iv wiped up best I can and taken for a drive, doesn't appear to have anymore in there. Just worried, as people say this means head gasket?

Thanks guys :)

A small amount in there is quite normal, head gasket issues on the 997 are incredibly rare so I wouldn't worry about it :thumb:

The. More short trips you do the more it can happen. Give it a good fast run down a motorway and the oil in the system will get good and hot enough to evaporate any water.

Thank god for that!! I'm assuming if I wipe it off, and drive for a day or two without damp in between, and it doesn't come back I should be safe? Temps seem fine btw...

I scoop mine out with a spoon and give it to the inlaws as mayonnaise...

But seriously? My 997 produces silly amounts of Mayo. I've had it looked at and I've been assured it's perfectly fine so I'm just wiping it away when I top up.

911_AS said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_kjKA7YDA

Is it okay to watch that in an open plan office with the volume on full? I'm concerned that the words 'mayo', 'video' and 'Ray Winston' in a search engine may bring up something inappropriate. And as I'm on the University network at the moment I don't need the additional hassle.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back