Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

O2 Sensor Problems

Indischrot

Spa-Francorchamps
I had the engine light come on during the weekend. Drove the car to Northway who plugged in the diagnostics and confirmed it was an O2 sensor that caused the light to come on. They cleared the code but approx 50 miles later the light came back on again.

I'm guessing I should now get the sensor replaced?

Am I able to keep using the car until it's done? Or do I risk doing damage? Seems like a month long waiting list at my usual indies. Car is only used during weekends.

droptop said:
I had the engine light come on during the weekend. Drove the car to Northway who plugged in the diagnostics and confirmed it was an O2 sensor that caused the light to come on. They cleared the code but approx 50 miles later the light came back on again.

I'm guessing I should now get the sensor replaced?

Am I able to keep using the car until it's done? Or do I risk doing damage? Seems like a month long waiting list at my usual indies. Car is only used during weekends.

Did it tell you which sensor? Pre or post cat? Latter is fine. As for for former, could confuse ECU a bit but not sure that matters either fro occasional use. Those with better knowledge will be along soon...

Pretty sure he said it was one at the back but I can't quite remember.

I had a similar problem with my 996. Turned out there was a small tear In rubber connection between the plenum and the intake manifold on one bank .it was found when the fuel trims on the affected bank were very high.. The O2 sensors were fine

It happened on my 997.

My NT530 pinpointed the lambda sensor and De Mort pointed out that it was probably not the sensor but an exhaust leak.

Guess what...

It was an exhaust leak which i cured with a new clamp!!!

In other words it is unlikely to be an O2 sensor.

Buy an NT530 with the Porsche sw and you wont need to go to an Indy again except to check for an exhaust leaks or similar.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh wow. Sounds like it might need some more investigating then.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is what my diagnostics tool is bringing up

Attachments

• 844b452d_f79a_4df0_a7dc_9e2e556a1ff3_162.png
    844b452d_f79a_4df0_a7dc_9e2e556a1ff3_162.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 599

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911