Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not many 996s at the Sunday Scramble 10/10/21

Paynewright

Montreal
Me and the lad went to the Scramble yesterday and were surprised at the lack of 996s - we spotted 3 or 4 both inside the event and the car park.

The format has changed as there are no club gatherings (or discounts) consequently, cars are parked as they arrive. Walking through most of the car park, there was an air cooled every few paces but very few water cooled cars - few 997s and a couple of 991s.

It wasn't a scientific survey but the air cooled massively out numbered water cooled cars.

Not sure what that says about 996s but they just seemed rarer on the day :?:

Fantastic event as always and my son (13) who is usually glued to his xbox said he really enjoyed it too. We've been several times incl Luftgekuhlt. He also had an under 17s driving lesson there a few weeks ago!

I've noticed same on previous visits. When I went pre COVID, I turned up with a group of friends in their 'proper' classics who were waved through into the inner sanctum, I was sent off to the nondescript public parking in my 4S, let alone the clubs/enthusiasts area :sad:

Paynewright said:
Me and the lad went to the Scramble yesterday and were surprised at the lack of 996s - we spotted 3 or 4 both inside the event and the car park.

The format has changed as there are no club gatherings (or discounts) consequently, cars are parked as they arrive. Walking through most of the car park, there was an air cooled every few paces but very few water cooled cars - few 997s and a couple of 991s.

It wasn't a scientific survey but the air cooled massively out numbered water cooled cars.

Not sure what that says about 996s but they just seemed rarer on the day :?:

Fantastic event as always and my son (13) who is usually glued to his xbox said he really enjoyed it too. We've been several times incl Luftgekuhlt. He also had an under 17s driving lesson there a few weeks ago!

I wouldn't read into the numbers too much, I've been to quite a few events this year and there's been plenty of 996's. Probably just the weather or date. The 996 was one of the highest production cars for Porsche back in the day with around 175,000 made. I don't think it would ever be considered rare but as time goes by they probably will increase in value. Most of the events I've been to are full of Boxster and Cayman, not a bad thing but they do make the majority of the Porsche numbers.

I think we may have been parked next to you at McDonalds! Great morning, lovely array of cars and possibly the last opportunity to wear my shorts this year. Loving the Singer DLS there...

I was due to go in my 996 but had to drop out last minute (family commitments).
Looks like a great event and will look forward to the next one.

Any pics welcome just so I can see what I missed :grin:

Images as requested :)
A fantastic day for a superbly run event at Bicester Heritage yesterday, all helped by some wonderful October weather. There was some stunning air and water cooled Pork in attendance. Here are a few that caught my eye.
Enjoy.

Edit to add, image links fixed

Kermit :

IMG-5030.jpg

CSR :

IMG-5013.jpg

E88/964 goodness :

IMG-5117.jpg

964/Ruf combo :

IMG-5059.jpg

Rubystone popping in the October sunshine :

IMG-5042.jpg

And Lambo's metallic take on the same theme for any shrinking violets out there !! :

IMG-5087.jpg

IMG-5088.jpg

IMG-5091.jpg

Stunning Turquoise Green 993 :

IMG-5028.jpg

Classic air cooled chic :

IMG-5123.jpg

Aircooled interloper brethren ... :

IMG-5058.jpg

Stanced 964/Fuchs. Miami or Riviera ? :

IMG-5035.jpg

And an older relative. Anyone for real T ? :

IMG-5064.jpg

Can't beat a bit of Guards, especially when combined with wide and immaculate Fuchs :

IMG-5041.jpg

993. Pure and simple (and all the better for it) :

IMG-5038.jpg

Another proper T :

IMG-5046.jpg

They may be divisive, but the Singer attracted a constant stream of individuals wanting to take a closer look. The ever-cool Rob Dickinson could be seen relaxing whilst supping a beer inside.

IMG-5128.jpg

IMG-5127.jpg

And I've saved the best to last :

IMG-5106.jpg

5f882c038a0ea80e0d919809-final-for-sale-1991-Porsche-Carrera-964-RS-Sports-Purpose.jpg

Why the best ? Because it's my old Midnight Blue 964 RS, I purchased it back in 2001/2 and it was to be the first of many Porsches I owned, and bit like your first love, it has a special place in my heart and brings back some truly fantastic memories.

IMG-5109.jpg
:thumb:

Singers... the more I look the more I like...
The DLS is among my favourite cars ever. Just seems so properly sorted and engineered.

There were a lot in the "general parking" as they don't seem to qualify as exotic enough nor are they old enough (pre-90s)

The Sunday scrambles are a great day out, unfortunately I couldn't make it this time, but the previous one I found myself parked in the general section, with a great mixture of metal including some other 996's & some lovely 964's & 356's.

The one prior to that I'd attended, had some official PCGB presence so there were lots of us parked in the same area.

Has anyone tried the "wearescramblers" events yet? If so how do they compare to the Sunday scrambles?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back