Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie Just Collected 991.1 Targa 4S

Congrats @targa Matt - that's gorgeous.
I'm planning on buying my first Porsche later this year, so I can understand how stoked you are.
Just out of interest, do you have an OPC warranty on it or didn't you bother with that?

Thanks for all the welcoming replies guys!

It's off to my local OPC for the PSE to be fitted in March. Whilst it's there, I've heard it's worth having the PDK calibrated and the throttle reset - any opinions on this?

I may also get them to remove the front bumper and clean out any dead leaves etc. which may be lurking around the radiators plus install the latest software - although I'm concerned this might play havoc with the Apple Carplay that's been retrofitted...?

Again opinions very welcome! Many thanks.

PSE is no brainer, you will be happy. It's standard on GTS model. PSE is the first button I press when driving.

I thinkthere is a PDK reset option, but not sure how it's done.

I'm looking at getting the bumper mesh grills fitted to protect the radiators. Dove House Motors quoted around £350, tempted to do this...however my car has 2 year Porsche warranty so I think it might avoid it if I have any cooling issues (any excuse to say void).

Already had to send back to get the cup holder and coolant pipe replaced under warranty, abit pissed it was not picked up by the so-called 111-point check.

Congrats @targa Matt - that's gorgeous.
I'm planning on buying my first Porsche later this year, so I can understand how stoked you are.
Just out of interest, do you have an OPC warranty on it or didn't you bother with that?
Hi. Thanks! No I bought from an independent and it doesn’t have an OPC warranty… Good luck with your search - that’s almost the best stage!

PSE is no brainer, you will be happy. It's standard on GTS model. PSE is the first button I press when driving.

I thinkthere is a PDK reset option, but not sure how it's done.

I'm looking at getting the bumper mesh grills fitted to protect the radiators. Dove House Motors quoted around £350, tempted to do this...however my car has 2 year Porsche warranty so I think it might avoid it if I have any cooling issues (any excuse to say void).

Already had to send back to get the cup holder and coolant pipe replaced under warranty, abit pissed it was not picked up by the so-called 111-point check.
Thanks for this - great to hear re PSE!

I will look into the mesh grills - sound like a good idea.

Congrats TargaMatt on your new 911. Welcome to Porsche; wopuld be interesting to hear your thoughts on Aston vs 911 even though they are two completely different cars catering for different tastes. I'd expect you to say something along the lines of "Aston, quiet, supremely comfortable, attracts attention wherever whenever but thirsty" followed by "Porsche, nimble and quick around the corners but a bit of a sporty ride"

Lol!

Congrats to you too, & welcome back to the brand - any more details or photo's of your new arrival?

Congrats on your Targa too - that looks like a lovely example too. Great to see quite a few new owners here! I've had mine for just over a year now, still love mine everytime I drive it!
It’s a lovely in Carmine red with black hood.. most option boxes ticked except PSE..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 15.28.43.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 15.28.43.png
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 15.30.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 15.30.22.png
    900.4 KB · Views: 6
I must give a shout out to Dick Lovetts in Bristol, they made it a very special day and car was really well prepared

Congrats TargaMatt on your new 911. Welcome to Porsche; wopuld be interesting to hear your thoughts on Aston vs 911 even though they are two completely different cars catering for different tastes. I'd expect you to say something along the lines of "Aston, quiet, supremely comfortable, attracts attention wherever whenever but thirsty" followed by "Porsche, nimble and quick around the corners but a bit of a sporty ride"

Lol!
Thanks Maxie - yes you've pretty much summed it up between the two cars. The Aston was definitely more of an "event" but I became too precious about it and it spent it's whole time under a cover in my garage... The Targa is getting properly used and feels like it was designed for that...

welcome to the forum

i'll be looking forward to how the 911 compared to the Aston

I believe Zunsport do pre-fitted grilles for the 991 range for about half of what Dove House Motors may have quoted you. These are DIY which clip or screw on the front bumper. I remember organsing a group buy on 911uk some years ago where collectively we got a 20% discount off their list prices as we bought in bulk. I ordered side ones for my then 997. May be worth doing again if there is enough interest - I know I want to apply grilles to my recently acquired 991.

Alternatively, one could take off the front bumper and apply mesh (Halfords sell black metal mesh for about £20 for a couple of sheets) and you cut to fit. I did this to my previous 997 and applied a central grille for the third radiator. Wished I had not ordered those Zunsports when I completed the job!

I believe Zunsport do pre-fitted grilles for the 991 range for about half of what Dove House Motors may have quoted you. These are DIY which clip or screw on the front bumper. I remember organsing a group buy on 911uk some years ago where collectively we got a 20% discount off their list prices as we bought in bulk. I ordered side ones for my then 997. May be worth doing again if there is enough interest - I know I want to apply grilles to my recently acquired 991.

Alternatively, one could take off the front bumper and apply mesh (Halfords sell black metal mesh for about £20 for a couple of sheets) and you cut to fit. I did this to my previous 997 and applied a central grille for the third radiator. Wished I had not ordered those Zunsports when I completed the job!

Hi,

I already tried the Zunsport grills (full set with 15% discount code), but I personally didn't like the fit and returned it. Then spotted Dove house motors carried out a bumper grill on 991.2 GTS which looked decent.

I'm a sucker for mods, so might pull the trigger on this.
1708549847642.png

I was keen to try out the Zunnsports as I like the idea of them being removable so if you have OPC warranty you can take them off at servicing time.

Those Dove House ones look decent, didn't realise they did stuff like this either - wonder who actually makes those grilles?

If you know how to and have the patience to take the front bumper off, then fitting grills / mesh is very simple

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back