Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Site Woes

Les Richards

Nurburgring
Afternoon all, I have to admit I’m struggling to negotiate around the new site.

On the old version I had a series of saved questions/responses with Members but cannot find anything like that on this new version – or is there and I just haven’t found it?

Has all that earlier information been lost with the transfer to the new system?

Appreciate any help, guidance or clarification with respect to PMs - or were they DMs? – in the current configuration.

Thanks.

At the very top right of the screen banner you'll see your user name and a few icons.

If you click on the one that looks like an envelope it will open something called 'conversations'.

'Conversations' are what we used to know as private messages.

If you click on 'show all' all your previous pm messages will be there.

In the same place you'll find where to start 'new conversations'.

Good Luck

hi
Localised saved from the last site would not have been migrated over.

In the new site you can use bookmarks to save content which are added to your profile, per the image attached.

IMG_9293.jpeg

What was the Direct Message /Private Message system is now known as ‘Conversations’

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I was able to retrieve the information I needed.

Thanks for your replies. I was able to retrieve the information I needed.
Excellent @Les Richards other than these points you’ve now resolved, be great to get your overall feedback on the new site so far 👍🏻

Must admit I was a wee but daunted at first. 'Er indoors bought a Toyota and we joined the Forum for that but when they changed the provider we couldn't get back in - and still can't - so I was naturally concerned when 911.uk changed.

Accessed the new site a few times but not nearly as often as I did the old one, and was a little bemused. Needs must and I wanted to look at some old messages I'd saved so asked the question. Using the instructions in the reply I found them and since have been a bit more active with a few other Posts.

I was quite happy with the old set-up but understand the need to change and shall certainly look more often now. Hopefully, I'll get back to my old routine of daily checks on what's new and what other Members are up to.

You can bet your life should I have issues I'll be looking to you experts for help!

Thanks to all those who put their time and continuing efforts to make this new site as successful as the old.

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back