Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 Barn Pics

911Time

Suzuka
Hi all, not been here in a while - to be honest, life's been a bit hectic and I've been busy making the most of my time in the car.

Thought I'd share some photos - these are from a trip to Marlborough we took back in the Summer.

That looks really well..... lovely colour GT Silver, those wheels and that spoiler give it that 50th look......

Very nice :thumbs:

C4Silver said:
That looks really well..... lovely colour GT Silver, those wheels and that spoiler give it that 50th look......

Very nice :thumbs:

Thanks :thumb: yeah GT Silver seems to change in different lights, from bright silver, to almost gun metal. I love it!!

Great pics of your car which is a lovely example of a 991, those subtle changes you've made work so well as a whole 👍

Agree on GT Silver, had it previously. My 991 is platinum silver, lighter/warmer hue, seems to go warmer still in the sun, gold tinged even. Nice, but GT Silver is still the pick of the silvers IMO.

#MeToo... my 997 is in GT Silver, stunning colour...

Those wheels look great on yours 👍

Thanks guys - yeah I wanted the Fuchs look (to remind me of the cars from my youth) and these are forged, just like the original Fuchs.

It was a bit of a gamble - I'd only seen them on the Anniversary car colours but when they did the reveal at OPC Swindon, I thought YES!!

Nice feature and pics of you and yours in October 2019 Porsche Post. :thumbs:

By coincidence there's a small piece and pic of MJA911's car in there too.

Apparently he's got a 991 Carrera with the ultra-rare 3.6 engine. :floor:

Yes, Mark's is a great article :thumb:

Good spot on my little story T8, hadn't seen it and thanks for pointing out the 3.6 error too :oops:

T8 said:
Nice feature and pics of you and yours in October 2019 Porsche Post. :thumbs:

By coincidence there's a small piece and pic of MJA911's car in there too.

Apparently he's got a 991 Carrera with the ultra-rare 3.6 engine. :floor:

Thanks :thumb: Just penned a few lines at first and it went from there. I'm very pleased with how it came out and the people at PP were great!

MJA911 said:
Yes, Mark's is a great article :thumb:

Good spot on my little story T8, hadn't seen it and thanks for pointing out the 3.6 error too :oops:

Thanks Michael :thumb:

Love your article too! Sorry I didn't make the link earlier: One of the downsides to a forum is that if you don't know the person, you don't always associate usernames with a name in a magazine :oops:

The roads in the Highlands are great - we were up there last month, doing part of the NC500 - the weather was rubbish at times (my Scots friend says, if you don't like it, wait 5 minutes) but the journey was amazing and I got some nice photos of the car between the downpours.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back