Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Little things I've added to the car over the years

barefoot

Monza
Not going to be to everyone's taste but I can't stop tinkering..

A rear view camera

2 USB ports connected to the Android head unit

Swapped the ashtray for a cubby and filled in the 2 blank switches. One of the switches now works my remote garage door.

Puddle light and illuminated sills.

Red LED footwell lights.

Top switch for interior lights and cigar lighter replaced with twin orange lit USB ports.

Dimmer switch instead of the blank and the adjuster button for the Tiptronic speeds.

2 USB ports connected to the Android head unit.

2 more ports for the kids in the back.

Have you got a pic of the whole interior? The seats look interesting 👍🏻

Carrera4Boy'sDad said:
Nice mods. :thumb:

What is the "adjuster button for the Tiptronic speeds" ? i.e what does it do ?

It alters the speed of the gear changes.

That steering wheel re-trim looks great. Mine has paddles but still has the front mounted switches and I'd like to delete them. Can I ask where you had that done?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220723_102051_resized_299.jpg
    20220723_102051_resized_299.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 535
Definitely not to everyones taste, but who cares what other people think - it's your car and it brings you joy to personalise it :thumb:

(some Porsche owners get far too carried away with the whole "OEM is best" and "if Porsche with their massive R&D made it like this, it must be perfect"...neglecting the fact that 996/986's were developed nearly 30 years ago by a car company with serious financial issues :wink: )

JasonH1969 said:
That steering wheel re-trim looks great. Mine has paddles but still has the front mounted switches and I'd like to delete them. Can I ask where you had that done?

Thanks

Thank you, did they fabricate the blanks for the switches or are there proprietary replacement blanks available?

JasonH1969 said:
Thank you, did they fabricate the blanks for the switches or are there proprietary replacement blanks available?

I think Porsche sell the blanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back