Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this a good price?

stupidget said:
What is the price I should expect to pay for a PPI? I've just spoken to my local Porsche dealership and they'll do a bore inspection and charge me the grand sum of £630 (inc VAT)!!! is this what I should expect to pay from an indy PPI service?

Crikey!

Find a good local Porsche indie who can take a look for you. Should be £200-300 probably.

Or just buy it and stop pandering to overhyped problems found on the internet.

It's a car not a bloody spaceship.

droptop said:
Or just buy it and stop pandering to overhyped problems found on the internet.

It's a car not a bloody spaceship.

:floor:

You know what, I bought a 986S 3 years ago from some dodgy garage in the arse end of Brum and didn't know a single thing about the potential IMS issue and that car was fine. P/x'd that against the 996 I have now and again, I didn't know anything about potential bore scoring, and this car has been fine engine wise.

There is a voice in the back of my head shouting 'just feckin' buy it, what's the worst that can happen?'. Then there's the other voice saying '£15k is a lot of money to just try and shrug off if it all goes tit's up'. I suppose for piece of mind £400 odd quid isn't a lot to spend.

The people linked above state they won't inspect the bores. You'd need to take it to an Indy willing to do that job.

...overhyped... advice from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about :frustrated:

...what is Hartechs business again? Oh I know , rebuilding these engines that have shat themselves...how busy are they? Very !

Magic919 said:
The people linked above state they won't inspect the bores. You'd need to take it to an Indy willing to do that job.

I spoke to an Indy in Telford who I've used before. He said he'd do it but they're only taking bookings for October now due their workload.

GMG said:
...overhyped... advice from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about :frustrated:

...what is Hartechs business again? Oh I know , rebuilding these engines that have shat themselves...how busy are they? Very !

Of course it's an overhyped issue. Less than 5% of cars that were built between 2004-2006 have bore scoring issues. Stop being such a bed wetter.

Buy it and enjoy it!

:thumb:

...the one eyed man is king in the land of blind :frustrated:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back