Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is anyone still using OPC for 993 servicing?

madge said:
Ah, that's a shame (I hope to see that car of yours one day) but congratulations on the new arrival!

Great pictures!
Many thanks! :thumbs:

Yes, I'm sure we will! I'd like to see and especially hear your car too, especially after your initial opinions having had the RSR muffler mod carried out a couple of years ago.
Hope you've got the noise to a level that allows you to enjoy the car again! :thumb:

I was quoted £280 for a 'classic service'(might have been £340), at Porsche exeter under their classic policy.

bingbongbing said:
I was quoted £280 for a 'classic service'(might have been £340), at Porsche exeter under their classic policy.

Interesting to hear that the 'classic service' is still around. That's a reasonable price for an OPC oil change in my opinion.

My local OPC (Reading) have never offered it and Swindon who used to do it ignored my questions about it this year and quoted me £700+ for an 'annual'. :dont know:

ch3tman said:
madge said:
Ah, that's a shame (I hope to see that car of yours one day) but congratulations on the new arrival!

Great pictures!
Many thanks! :thumbs:

Yes, I'm sure we will! I'd like to see and especially hear your car too, especially after your initial opinions having had the RSR muffler mod carried out a couple of years ago.
Hope you've got the noise to a level that allows you to enjoy the car again! :thumb:

RSR mufflers are back in their box. I could've had a major service at an OPC for the cost of that little mistake! :duh:

madge said:
RSR mufflers are back in their box. I could've had a major service at an OPC for the cost of that little mistake! :duh:

Interested to hear you didn't like the RSRs, I've just put mine back on the car. I took them off after about 3-4 months because the resonance and drone was too much. Since then I've repaired an intake leak from the resonance flap shaft seals (that has made the engine 100% smoother) and properly adjusted the drivers door (which must have been resonating with the exhaust).

Since I put the RSRs back on its significantly more civilised than it was before, loud but not overly so.

Gwsinc said:
I've repaired an intake leak from the resonance flap shaft seals (that has made the engine 100% smoother)

I'd like to say that I'd ticked that one off of the list of possible problems but I've no idea what it is! :oops: :lol:

Most other owners seem to like the RSRs but, even disregarding the drone issues I experienced, I found the sound to be a bit bland and underwhelming. Maybe I got a duff pair or maybe there was something else going on but unfortunately I didn't have enough mechanical knowledge to tinker with it and off they came after a grand total of 599 miles usage.

I used Camtune/OPC byfleet (and Jaz interchangeably) in the mid-late 2000s until about 2012, and have used Jaz since (and more recently Tab Automotive). In the early days they had a very Independent feel about them, and used to even let me supply my own parts for fitting, service levels were really good despite the ford fiesta courtesy cars!

the latter experiences were pretty shoddy and I've not been back since - although I did think about going back next year, but the messages I read here about experiences put me off. I do check in with them from time to time on prices, minor/annual is £480 inc. VAT and major is £1250 incl VAT with sparkplugs - seems similar to indies?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back