Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Challenges

As Wellsy has also posted above,

Give Classicline a call.

I've got all my classics insured through them and they are very reasonable.
My brother has his 996 4s with them too.

my partners car was written off last year, they paid out £4.2k when market value showed we would need £5.5k to replace. they wouldn't budge. reported to ombudsman and they wouldn't budge. they even have a page on their website about utilising trade prices:

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org...motor-insurance/vehicle-valuations-write-offs

this worries me because when i put a £26k porsche number plate into comparison sites it auto-populates with a value of £16k.... which is what i would expect as a payout regardless of actual market value

I think sometimes the upmarket "classic" Insurance brokers have postcodes they don't like. All the "respected" classic providers quoted here, have never given me a decent quote. Either that's because they've met me or they don't like the postcode! I prefer to think it's the postcode.

I've always ended up with a more niche product from a mainstream provider (Admiral, that sort of thing). With a multi-car policy and agreed value on the 993, I end up paying half what the "classic" providers ask.

One year my car was even used as a display car on one of the classic insurers stands at a show. The MD promised to personally beat any quote at renewal. When I spoke to him he apologised that he couldn't, and advised me to go with Admiral!

I declare every mod, stripe and mile. No problem. I'd expect them to try their luck if I ever had a claim, but that ain't gonna be any different with your posh boys!

Good luck with whatever you do.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back