Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I bought my first porsche 991 carrera

jackofjed

Hello to all the members

As a new member, I spent a lot of time on the forum reading searching, looking , changing my mind, my ideas and try to find the one i wanted

I found one 991 Carrera ok it is not a 2S , but a nice one dark blue metallic with sport chrono , PSE 2012 lot of specs and 35k Miles
I wanted a 2S they have for my budget lot of mileage ( it is my opinion) but when i saw this one, I like it,and after an afternoon of negotiation i got the price i wanted (ouf). bit tricky till the point i said enough

after this dealing time thousand of question came to me was it the good choice , hum not enough power , hum will that car be good you know upside down moments

however I will have it next week and i will drive a long trip to come back home
time now to find Insurance any recommendations ? I contacted AIB and other but All my driving years are not taken in consideration just 1 year in UK so full price or close to waiting their quote
what do you thing about the ceramic protection ??

I will post pict when i will be back and iam very impatient to meet members at the nest meeting
for the moment thank for all the information provided

:thumbs:

You wont be disappointed the 991 .1 with sports exhaust is awesome, they sound fantastic & are plenty fast enough, welcome & please post a pic when you get chance.

I'm sure you will get mixed opinions on the ceramic coating, but I've had it for five years on the Cayenne and I've been very pleased. It was applied by SL Restoration in Crawley who are Porsche recommended bodywork people.

:congrats: I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :thumb:

Congrats on the purchase. Regarding your Insurance, I was in the same boat and contacted MANNINGSUK who we're able to use my driving history from Australia along with a letter from my previous insurers stating that I had protected no claim bonus on my cars.
I'd recommend giving them a call and discussing your circumstances with them and see what they can do.
The offer track day Insurance with their policies at no cost with certain caveats as well.
Good luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back