Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Great solution to worn climate control buttons

Phil 997

Le Mans
How many of you have worn or tatty climate control buttons .I have seen the stick on kits and all sorts of other solutions but it seems finally there's a replacement button kit . This is getting great reviews some even saying they are better than OE lol which I guess isn't that difficult in this case . So I thought it should be shared so all 997.1 and 987.1 owners can sort the cars out :thumb: no import duty as its below the £135 threshold and very quick delivery (some are saying they did get £18 import duty but I think thats cheeky and would probably be refunded if challenged as the rules clearly state duty only on goods over £135) .

https://www.urotuning.com/products/...YdS6hDb1qOJOnKjD1t5hKDFc_Im2M1qW5rCk-dEtPN5ao

That's great Phil!

Going to order. :worship:

Stoddy said:
That's great Phil!

Going to order. :worship:

:thumb: :thumb: I would deffinaity go for the 3to5 day shipping for a few quid more , dont be tempted into paying the upfront import duty though as its very expensive and I saw a receipt from one guy who was charged import duty when it arrived and it was only £18 that was £8 duty and £8 handling charge. but I really dont think we should be paying anything as the threshold clearly stated over £135 for duty to be chargeable. :thumb: :thumb:

A set of $44.46 switch rockers may not attract import duty but will be eligible for VAT of about £6.73 (dependent on postage costs) plus the 'handling fee' of about £8!

Still a very good price considering the alternatives.

all in if you bought 3 it would be liable for minimum import duty anyway (couple of quid) its the vat which gets you and you likely will get stung for that as its over £15 order.

from my calcs if you bought one you'd end up paying about £70 for it plus whatever fees the courier charge for the duty/vat (8quid it seems is average) or if you bought 3 at one time it would knock it down to 60ish plus the fee.

I just bought a new PCM and amplifier and rewired the car to make it all fit! Now you're telling me I could have bought this kit?

:D

That is a good idea as mine are cracked, I am going to the USA in December so will collect a set.

Are they simple to fit? Do you just pull the old ones off?

isysman said:
I just bought a new PCM and amplifier and rewired the car to make it all fit! Now you're telling me I could have bought this kit?

:D

:grin: :floor: :grin: and you could have had them shipped to the yacht in Monaco and avoided any vat :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back