Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Lowering Springs

Nico955

Friend of mine is selling his lowering springs of his 997.2 targa 4 he recently purchased as its too low for his liking and would like to replace it with normal springs.

Will these fit my Gen 1 997 2s? I have PASM and his Gen 2 hasnt.

They won't fit, but not because it's a gen 1 or gen 2 thing.
It's because his springs are for awd cars and your car is rwd.
The right springs are interchangeable.

CarreraMonkey said:

I guess diffrent spring rates for the heavier rear.

Cheers buddy.

Nico955 said:
CarreraMonkey said:

I guess diffrent spring rates for the heavier rear.

Cheers buddy.

No, that's not the reason either. The springs have a wider diameter at the top on AWD cars as the top mounts are different.

Tell your friend that I have some used genuine m030 springs for sale on ebay for an AWD car.

They give a 20mm drop, which may be more to his liking.

Will do :thumbs:

I have been looking for lowering springs for my 2s with PASM and sellers are saying with or without PASM suspension the springs are the same for the 2S.

Can some one confim this for me.

Thanks

Nico955 said:

I have been looking for lowering springs for my 2s with PASM and sellers are saying with or without PASM suspension the springs are the same for the 2S.

Thanks

My understanding is they are the same. The difference is that the PASM cars are already lower by 1 cm so the drop from the springs will be 1cm less than advertised for cars with PASM. I had H&R lowering springs on my 997.2 C2S and they were perfect lowering by around 2.5cm and then added 15mm spacers all round to complete the look.

nigel99 said:
Nico955 said:

Thanks

My understanding is they are the same. The difference is that the PASM cars are already lower by 1 cm so the drop from the springs will be 1cm less than advertised for cars with PASM. I had H&R lowering springs on my 997.2 C2S and they were perfect lowering by around 2.5cm and then added 15mm spacers all round to complete the look.

This! Nigel wears the underpants of truth.

CarreraMonkey said:
Nigel wears the underpants of truth.

Just ignore the stains :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back