Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel filler flap pull-ring replacement..?

Space Cadet

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi, a few weeks ago I had a low battery and I couldn't open the bonnet using the release button (so as to plug in the Ctek charger), so I was looking for a manual cable release and in a moment of stupidness/ignorance I pulled the filler flap ring in the driver's door jam. Thinking I would be hearing a bonnet release sound I kept pulling...!!

Obviously it didn't release the bonnet and I've stretched the filler flap ring cord!!!!!

Is this an easy fix to replace please or do I have to look in shame at it hanging down in the door jam every time I get in?

Thanks!

O/s/f rear wheel arch section of liner needs removing , carbon canister needs either removing or pulling far enough forward to get access to the solenoid ..

I managed replacing one a few weeks back by looping the hole end over the solenoid rod but it was a bit tricky .. if you can't do it this way then remove the solenoid and fit .

Everything you need to undo is obvious so i wont go into detail .

It's about a 30 min job with a ramp .

My OPC have found the ring (attached to the short length of cord) as a separate part, I got the impression from your help above that it was attached to the solenoid and I would have to replace both.

Am I ok just to go ahead and order the ring & cord, will this easily attach to the old solenoid?

Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back